E1M5: Engineering Station (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps
E1M5: Engineering Station is the fifth map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis), and uses the music track "The Imp's Song" by Robert Prince. The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as official add-on is 11:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
On Hurt Me Plenty skill levels, be ready to kill a demon approaching to your left as soon as the level starts. Head west into the neighboring chamber and open the north door to confront an imp, then open a second door behind it to get outside where several imps and zombies are waiting. Follow the nukage river west and south to a bridge, cross it then open the door ahead and kill all the enemies behind it before stepping through; as you pass through the next room two cages holding zombiemen and shotgun guys will open behind you. Activate the lift at the south end of the hall, then walk north-east into the next chamber and kill any enemies waiting on either side before opening the door to find the yellow keycard. Run straight forward to collect the key as you will trigger a crusher trap directly above it.
Kill the zombies that have been released below, then return to the starting room - there is a yellow key door on the north side, but ignore it for now and activate the nearby lift to find a second locked door with a spectre behind it. Go up the steps and turn right to drop into a blue-floored room, then follow the passage in the south-east corner to a second blue-floored room that has a button on its east side. Press the button then leave the room by the south hallway and open the next door to enter a C-shaped corridor; there is a narrow passage connecting the north and south sides of the corridor that has a hole you can drop down to confront an imp and one or two spectres (plus a cacodemon on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare). Head west through a narrow tunnel to see a lift ahead, but do not take it yet; instead follow the hallway south, west then east to find a switch that you can flip. The switch will raise a bridge further ahead, but will also release a spectre and one or more imps and cacodemons nearby.
Go back to the lift you passed earlier and ride it up then head straight forward, passing a button on the right-hand wall, to a switch straight ahead and flip it; this will open a door in the yellow key room. Go back to the button you just passed and press it to lower a lift leading back to the starting room, then return to the yellow key area and pass through the now-open west door to reach a second door on the other side of the bridge you raised earlier. Go through and follow the corridor west to a lift, ride it up then follow the path to a junction and turn left and left again to find a corridor leading to a set of steps. Go up the steps and head through the doorway to your right, then go to the window on the east side of the room to collect the red keycard. Taking the key will close the entrance for 30 seconds and allow one or more demons and cacodemons to teleport in.
Once the entrance re-opens, head back to the starting room and open the north door you ignored earlier, then go down the steps and head around a nukage pit at the bottom to get to the exit door. Open it (using the red key) to find a demon protecting the exit button.
Other points of interest
- In the room just before the yellow key, at the top of the lift, jump straight west and try to head through the darker section of the wall. If you do it correctly, you will land in a secret room with rockets, an energy cell and two stimpacks. (sector 274)
- At the south-eastern portion of the map, just south of a yellow door is a pool of nukage. There is a hidden passage behind the column here, where you can find health and ammo. (sector 215)
- After getting the yellow key, go back to the starting room and lower the lift. Ride it up and open the yellow door. Follow the steps up and open the wall dead ahead; this wall has a green ridge at the bottom as opposed to a brown one. You will find armor bonuses, a rocket launcher, rockets, a stimpack and shotgun shells. A clip is at the bottom of a nearby lift, and you can lower the wall to the south. (sector 196)
- At the large hallway on the eastern side of the map, you can find two computer terminals in the south-east corner. One of these terminals is glowing. Use this particular terminal to open the door to the left. Inside this cargo room are armor bonuses, stimpacks, rockets, shotgun shells and a chainsaw. Up to three monsters can also be present here. (sector 364)
- Once you lower the walkway that cuts through the hallway in the eastern side of the map, go down there and through the lighted passageway. On the other side, turn right and use the lift to go up to the alcove that has a berserk pack inside. (sector 209)
- In the dark room where the red key is located, go south and open the wall in between the terminals to reach a secret area with a few supplies. (sector 304)
- In secret #6, a wall in the corner here has a brown streak on it. Open this wall to reach the upper level where you can find rockets and a megaarmor. (sector 294)
- Inside the red key room, there are two windows on the north side of the room. Press on the left window to lower it, and jump outside. Follow this ledge to the metal column. The backside of this column is open, and a supercharge is inside. (sector 265)
- Next to the exit door, there is a patch on the ground which is brighter than the rest. Step on this patch, then quickly run around the nukage and back up the steps to the lowered lift. Riding it up takes you to a plasma gun, ammo and armor bonuses. (sector 241)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|Boris Klimeš (dew)
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 439)
- facing north. (thing 441)
- facing north. (thing 442)
- facing south-east. (thing 443)
- facing west. (thing 444)
- facing north-west. (thing 449)
- facing north. (thing 450)
- facing west. (thing 451)
- facing north. (thing 452)
- facing south. (thing 453)
- facing north. (thing 455)