E1M5: Kepler Dorsum (Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes)
|DtWiD: The Lost Episodes maps|
Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
|The Final Gate|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Go through the western doorway in the starting room and head south until you reach a door. Go through that door and kill two waiting imps, then look east to see a ledge with the yellow keycard that you can reach with a running jump. Now head east into the next room and kill some zombies, then look north to see another nukage pool and step through it to reach a radiation shielding suit in front of a yellow door. Take the suit, open the door to find an imp guarding a chaingun then walk forward to drop into another nukage pool and head east and south-east to a room with some barrels. Continue south-east to a switch (guarded by a demon on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level) or higher) and pull it to lower the red keycard elsewhere in the level, but watch out for monsters that are released behind you.
Go back into the nukage and go east into a new room, which contains imps and zombiemen, then climb up the steps by the north wall to reach another door and go through it. You will see a fork ahead - the right-hand fork leads to a nukage pool that you need to visit after getting the red key, but take the left-hand fork for now, climb the steps then go forward to a T-junction and take the north fork to find a small tunnel leading to a button. Press the button to open a door in the aforementioned nukage, step backwards to avoid being surrounded by zombies then return to the T-junction and take the south fork to return to the starting room. Return to where you found the yellow key and go east into the neighboring room, then climb the steps in the north-west corner and walk north to drop into a room with a few zombies. Go west from here to collect the red keycard.
From the red key, head east past the steps you just dropped down to a room with a gray dividing wall, then flip the switch on the north wall to open a passage back to the nukage pool you passed earlier. Enter the nukage and walk north through the open door, then follow the hallway east to a room with imps and zombies who are guarding a red door. Go through the door and head forward to a corner with a switch; flipping it will open the exit door ahead, but before doing so you should deal with the imps, shotgun guys and demons that are released around you. After flipping the switch, head south down some steps and turn left at the bottom to find the exit button.
Other points of interest
- At the area with nukage in the center of the map, there is a passage behind two barrels that leads to a medikit, a health bonus, and two armor bonuses. (sector 46)
- Head east from where the yellow key is to the blue-floored corridors. Head south, then east, then to a switch. After using the switch, run back to find the middle block has lowered with partial invisibility and shotgun shells on it. (sector 104)
- At the south end of the map, flip the switch, then jump to the yellow key platform as quickly as you can. From there, head around the wall to the south and take the lift down, then enter the room before it closes to find rockets, a backpack, armor bonuses, and health bonuses guarded by an imp. (sector 106)
- At the northern-most area of the map you will see two shotgun guys behind a wall. The platform in front of them holds health bonuses, armor bonuses, clips, a chaingun and a megaarmor (the last item only appears on HMP or higher). The only way to reach this sector is to have the shotgun guys shoot at you through the window, so that they hit the wall to the right of the window, which will open the wall on that side. (sector 194)
- At the nukage pit in the south-east part of the map, fall in and enter the northern corridor. Get on the lift and ride it up, then go to the supercharge and rockets (the rockets only appear on HMP or higher) for the secret. (sector 172)
- Head south from secret #5 and around the perimeter as quickly as you can, as the west section of the perimeter will be dropping. Get on the platform with the rocket launcher, clip and shotgun shells. You only have one shot to reach this secret. (sector 136)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 7, 2021.