E1M5: Powerhouse (Doom: Damnation)
|Doom: Damnation maps|
Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go through the door in front of you to reach a walkway surrounding a large water pool, kill the waiting shotgun guy and zombiemen then follow the pathway west and north until you see a door on your left with a blue light above it. Go through the door to a dark chamber (with a partial invisibility in the south-east corner) and head forward to another door, open it and head west down some steps guarded by zombies until you reach a fenced outdoor area. There is a switch in this area next to a chaingun which will open five containers around you containing more zombies; if you look at the back side of the switch then you will discover a second switch that lowers five more containers holding the blue keycard, an armor and other supplies.
Backtrack to the rectangular walkway and kill the zombies, imps and demons that have teleported in, then head north and east until you reach a door requiring the blue key. Go through the door and press on the computer terminal to open some red bars that you can see through the grate; this will allow you to collect the red key later. Go through the blue key door and enter the teleporter on your left to reach the other side of the walkway next to a yellow key door, then follow the path east and south to find a second door with a blue light and go through it to another dark chamber (with a supercharge hidden in the south-west corner). Head forward to another door leading to a maze of rounded passages, grab the chainsaw on your right then head east to a room with a crushing piston - from here you should proceed south, west and south to find a silver door leading to a hall where one or more imps are guarding the yellow keycard. Do not fall into the pits on either side of the hall as they are inescapable.
Backtrack to the rectangular walkway and kill more zombies, imps and demons that have teleported in then head north and west to the yellow key door you passed earlier. Press the button on your left and step on the gray lift to be taken down to the water pool in the middle of the walkway, then head south around the red platform in the middle of the pool to locate the red keycard. Taking the key will lower the platform to reveal some imps (some of which are replaced with shotgun guys on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level), which are guarding a teleporter that will return you to the starting point. Backtrack to the yellow key door and go through it again, but this time head north to a door that requires the red key - behind it is a dark room with one or more lost souls guarding the exit teleporter.
Other points of interest
In the maze on the east side of the level, from the room with the crushing piston head south, west then west again to find a demon (or spectre on HMP or higher) guarding a dead-end with a computer area map.
- Immediately to your left at the start, press on the wall where the depression is to find a rocket launcher. (sector 202)
- In the halls at the west side, get to the south end where a medikit is. Near the medikit is a hidden green button - press it, then quickly get to the north end of the halls and enter the compartment here before it closes. Inside you can find ammo, armor bonuses, a berserk pack and a medikit. (sector 262)
- Head to the east side of the hub. Between the two terminals on the east wall near the south end of the hall, open the wall and shoot the switch there. Go to the yellow key chamber and drop to the pistons on the west side. Enter the open room here to get a megaarmor. (sector 228) The teleporter here will return you to the starting point.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 196)
- facing west. (thing 256)
- facing south-west. (thing 257)
- facing south. (thing 258)
- facing south-east. (thing 259)
- facing south. (thing 260)
- facing east. (thing 261)
- facing south-east. (thing 263)
- facing south. (thing 264)