E1M5: The IMP Crowd (Return to Hadron)
|Return to Hadron maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
First, knock off the enemies by firing the barrels. Then, go into the sequential corridor and clean up the rooms. Head to the right (east) of the corridor and go to the north (you can go to the west side of the corridor as well but there is a small gap that is sticky, as you need to use strafe jumping). At the end, you will see the stairs. Do not walk on them. Instead, turn left (or right depending on where there is a silver door) and enter the silver door leading into a room. In this room, press the switch and the blue keycard will be accessible. Drop down into the central area with water pool through any of the windows. Take the blue keycard on the first step of flight. Use the flight to ascend back to the corridor.
In the corridor, go to the eastern side of it and walk on the stairs that will lead to blue door (there is another blue door but this one is nearest). Enter this door and you will be in a room with two computers. Go to the stairs to your right to ascend. At the top, go to the other end of the room until you see a blue staircase to the left. Ascend and press the switch. Go to the balcony which is unlocked now. Get the yellow key into your possession. Depart back to the corridor via the stairs at the north and the second blue door.
Back in the corridor, run to the western side of it until you see the stairs leading down and descend on them or fall down to the central hall with water pool and go to the west room with the yellow door. Open the yellow door and will appear in the computer room. You may first explore all the room for items and cleaning up (which is recommend) or at first (or at last) drop into south west room with the key. Press the switch and numerous traps will open. Fight all the enemies and head to the north opened room and press the switch to lower the pedestal with the keycard. Go back to the room with the key and killing new monsters acquire the keycard.
Return to the central corridors and head towards north. You will see one of the white stairs. Ascend to a room and use other stairs leading down to the exit. Behind the exit door you can end this level.
Other points of interest
- Go to the north room where you press the switch that will lower the blue key. Not leaving the room, make an outlook from any window and notice a computer case between windows. Carefully jump on this case and face the wall. You will notice a switch under your feet (the switch is well noticed from a distance when looking towards it). Press it and get back to the room. If you turn right you will see a secluded alcove with computer area map. (sector 207)
- Once you grant access to the yellow key room (when you have the blue key), go up the stairs to the top room (east). There are three computer workplaces. Two of them are placed close to the windows. Come to any of them, climb to the chair and from the chair to the table and leap from the window down to the outside surface. Grab the plasma gun and cells on the slightly raised platform. (sector 121)
- Return back to the yellow key room and come closer to the blue staircase. To the right of the staircase is a shaft. Drop on the ledge and open the green computer panel. Behind it are a berserk and rocket boxes. (sector 231)
- Once you obtain the yellow key, numerous traps will open. With the yellow key run to the very beginning of the level (south of the map). At the start, there is a red spawn point to the west of the starting room. Step on it and turn right. Push the wall and you will reveal a switch. Press it and run to the south east. To your right a wall has opened. Take the items behind and ascend the stairs that will lead you to the ledge with a rocket and a soul sphere. (sector 153)
- With the yellow key, go to the central corridor. There is an area opened at the north west. Go closer to the yellow door in this room and turn left. Go on the cramped ledge and open a blue wall lightened by red lamps. Collect ammo and health here. (sector 326)
- With the yellow key, use the south yellow door. You will come to the computer room where you will have to collect red keycard. At the entrance, turn left and lower a platform with lost soul(s) from the western side (the lower surface is grey). You reveal security armor, blur artifact and ammo. (sector 401)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 2, 2022.