E1M5: Weapons Research Center (The Lost Episodes of Doom)
|The Lost Episodes of Doom maps|
|The Killing Fields of Io|
|Hell's Gate - The Red Spot of Jupiter|
E1M5: Weapons Research Center is the fifth map of Massacre on Callisto, which is the first episode of The Lost Episodes of Doom. It was designed by Christen David Klie and previously released as a map in CHRIS_E1.WAD and later in CHRISK.WAD. According to the designer's notes in the book, it was released as CHRISK15.WAD in the first place.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
From the start go through the door in front of you. There is an area with some teleporters and 3 other doors. Take the left and grab the yellow skull key and head over to the door on the opposite side. There jump down the blood pool, and take care for it hurts, so go to the concrete floor. From there you can see two yellow doors, one on the left side with an exit sign, and another on the right. Take the right first and grab the radiation suit. Then go to the concrete floor in the east and take the teleporter on the south-eastern bloodpool. This leads you to the blue keycard. Go back to the area with the two yellow doors, and take the left one, with the exit sign this time. Enter the room, lift the blue door an exit the level.
Other points of interest
On the area with the teleporters, take first the one in the south-west, then the southern, then the western and finally the north-eastern, as shown on the detail mapshot, to grab all the stuff in that area.
All five secrets are reachable from the starting room.
- The first is the platform on the left side, you can lower it, to get the red keycard. (sector 3)
- The second and the third secrets are located behind the red door. This is a room with a little labyrinth and various switches. One of them lowers the west (sector 62) and east (sector 60) walls, giving access to a dozen soul spheres.
- See secret #2.
- Secret number four is the right platform in the starting area, giving you a light amplification visor. (sector 2)
- Behind the wall (sector 7) with the computer terminals on this platform is secret number five, a oval room with the computer map inside.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 93)
- facing north. (thing 94)
- facing west. (thing 95)
- facing east. (thing 96)
- facing north. (thing 173)
- facing south. (thing 174)