E1M5 (Return to Phobos)
|Return to Phobos maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M5. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M5.
E1M5 is the fifth map of Return to Phobos. It was designed by Michael Kelsey.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- There is a large rectangular blue pool in the east. From here, walk outside and round to the south and west. Go up either of the two staircases and then up another staircase to the west (possibly going through a door). Go down a lift until you reach a door. Go to the left-hand window and shoot the red stripe that is visible. This will open the door, leading to a room with two imps, a shotgun guy, a yellow key, a megaarmor and a backpack. (sector 185)
- There is a maze in the north-east whose walls (which can be lowered by a switch) contain various health, armor and ammo items. To the east is a room behind a yellow door with a supercharge on a platform. In order to access it, you need to press the switch in this room and the switches in the nearby rooms behind the red and blue doors (the blue key is located in one of the columns connected by walkways in the northern part of the level). The section lowered by the switch behind the blue door counts as a secret. Note that in order to obtain the supercharge, the switches need to be pressed in the order red, blue, yellow (as indicated in the corridor prior to this area). (sector 173)
- In sector #149 near the maze before the end, you may crawl.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||2:35||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2003-05-03||return01_na2.zip|
|UV -fast||9:30||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2010-01-04||ret15naf.zip|
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 320)
- facing east. (thing 321)
- facing east. (thing 322)
- facing east. (thing 361)
- facing east. (thing 362)
- facing north. (thing 363)