E1M6: Command Center (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps|
E1M6: Command Center is the sixth map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis). The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as official add-on is 13:45.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Open the west door in the starting room to find some zombies guarding a P-shaped computer block, then walk round to the west side of this block to find a lift and press the button here to go down to a corridor. Slay the approaching monsters then go to the UAC door halfway along this corridor; it will not open, but if you enter the corridor opposite this door then you will come to a room with zombies guarding a tech block. Look behind the block to find a switch and flip it, which will open the door you saw earlier but will also open the block to reveal a cacodemon (plus lost souls on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher) as well as opening the walls of the hallway to reveal a crowd of monsters. Go back to the UAC door to enter a room with a nukage pool (there is an armor here if you need it), then climb up the steps around the pool before heading west past some zombies to reach the red keycard.
Go back to the corridor and press the button at the north end to lower a lift, ride it up then walk north-east through a blue-floored chamber to enter the circular room at the center of the map. Leave the room by the east doorway to get to a fork, then take the left (north) doorway and follow the hallway to a pipe room. Make your way to the east side of this room, watching out for any enemies hiding behind the walls, then follow the passage here round two corners to a red key door (watch out for demons that are released behind you). Open the door and clear any waiting zombies and imps, then head through the south doorway and turn right to see some steps leading up to a room with more zombies. Open the west door and arm yourself before entering the next hallway, as halfway along it the floor will lower and take you down to a blood pool with several imps and two barons of Hell. Fight them off while you wait for a spine in the south wall to lower and reveal a cacodemon, then press the skull switch behind it to lower a lift in the north-west corner that leads up to the yellow keycard.
With the yellow key, run through the west window to land in a hall near the starting point, then go back there and head down either of the north staircases to return to the circular room. Continue north until you reach another pair of staircases that lead to two locked doors with a chaingun between them. Open the west door (requiring the yellow key) then look behind the blue block in the next room to find a small chamber containing a button that will lower the lift next to it. Ride the lift up to a dark room with fences and note the door on your left; it will not open, but if you weave between the fences you can get to the other side of the door and find a button that will open the surrounding walls and reveal imps and demons. Fight them off then weave between the fences to get to the north end of the room before proceeding east to an open door, head through the next room to a tan floor then follow this north to the blue keycard.
Go back to the room with two locked doors and open the east door this time, then fight your way to some steps at the north end and go down them to a second room with a switch. Flip the switch then go back to the area with the two locked doors; a smaller door in the center has opened, revealing a button that you can press to raise a bridge from the nukage behind you (watch out for an imp waiting to ambush you). Cross the bridge and head down some steps to the exit door, then open it to find two zombiemen protecting the exit button.
Other points of interest
After opening the red key door, look left to see a candelabra next to a gray block. Head round this block to find a rocket launcher.
- Take the hall east of your starting point and open the door. In the next room, go into the nukage and run south and around to the lift. If you look at the wall to the left, you should see a green ridge at the bottom. Open this wall to find a backpack along with health and armor bonuses. (sector 372)
- Take the hall east of your starting point and open the door. In the next room, go into the nukage and run north into the dark passage. A plasma gun will be here along with an energy cell, a stimpack and a teleporter back. (sector 528)
- Take the hall east of your starting point and open the door. In the next room, walk around the beam at the north-west part of this room. There is a tall techno pillar here, but if you look closely you will see a button hidden behind it. By pressing this button, a bridge raises above the nukage to the door to the east, leading to a hidden area above the place behind the red key door. (sector 203) Finding this secret allows you to get the yellow key without first getting the red key.
- In the blue-floored area west of the starting point, press the switch to lower the lift at the southern end of the area. Once you ride up, go to the east end of this hall and open the brown wall to find a chainsaw. (sector 110)
- After flipping the switch in the south-western part of the map, the hall behind you opens up revealing a large nukage room. Look towards the column at the north-west part of this room. Run to the backside of this column to find a berserk pack. (sector 119)
- At the south-western corner of the large nukage room mentioned in secret #5, open the brown wall and the wall after that to reach a sector with a stimpack and a box of bullets. (sector 169)
- The doors to the room inside the circular room at the center of the map cannot be opened directly. Walk south from those doors and look at the wall on the west side. Notice that one of the panels is green instead of brown. Push this panel and all the doors in the central room open up. Inside is a partial invisibility, stimpacks, armor bonuses and ammo. Up to three monsters can be found in this room as well. (sector 55)
- From the circular room at the center of the map, walk west to the blue-floored area but turn right immediately into the passage. At the end of this passage, right next to the stimpack in the corner, you will find a hidden button to push. Do so, and then go to the western side of the blue-floored area to an open hallway. You can find a rocket launcher, a radiation shielding suit, and health and armor bonuses among other things in this hallway, plus there is a shortcut back to the nukage room where secrets #5 and #6 are. (sector 143)
- From the circular room at the center of the map, head east and take the left path at the fork. Follow this hall until you see the light, and follow the light that trails left to the wall. Lower this wall (for reference, this wall also has a bullet hole on it) to find a secret room with rockets and a teleporter. The teleporter takes you to a room with two stimpacks and a megaarmor. (sector 204)
- Open the blue key door and go to the room at the bottom. There are four alcoves close to the switch in this room. Enter the third one you come to and open the wall here to get a supercharge. (sector 431)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||7:47.60||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2012-12-31||d1i6-747.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains fifteen spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 644)
- facing south. (thing 645)
- facing south-east. (thing 646)
- facing south-west. (thing 647)
- facing east. (thing 648)
- facing north. (thing 649)
- facing north-east. (thing 650)
- facing south. (thing 651)
- facing west. (thing 652)
- facing north-east. (thing 653)
- facing south-west. (thing 654)
- facing east. (thing 658)
- facing east. (thing 659)
- facing south. (thing 660)
- facing west. (thing 661)