E1M6: Reactor Complex (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M6: Reactor Complex is the sixth map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Nick Laurent (hobomaster22) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 3:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Grab the shotgun and open the door in front of you to find a walkway over nukage leading to two places. If you go left, you will discover you need a blue key for the door, so go right instead. Through the next door, you will find a path branching left. Again, ignore it, as you will be back much later for this area. Go straight east, and then south, following the path all the way till you reach the red keycard. Now head back to the red door that was around the bend you crossed, and enter the next area. This place is a small maze. What you need to do here is head right, into the nukage and onto a platform with a switch. Now get out of there to the north and head west as much as you can. There shall be a passage up so you can reach the blue keycard. Do not fall into the nukage when you grab it because there is no way out of there. Now backtrack to the beginning and take the path with the blue door. Behind the blue door, in the C-shaped room, get to the upper floor and head southward to another path with a nukage basin. Go along the path to the switch at the end, hitting it raises a bridge to the walkway just to your north. Head to this walkway by dropping from the ledge there, opening a door, and taking the aforementioned path branching left. Now go across this bridge and take the lift. In the next room, open the door on your left, and past it, turn right, and go all the way around, up a staircase until you find the yellow keycard. Do not fall in the nukage. Now backtrack to the bridge and go north to the yellow door. Take the right path down the stairs and get ready. When you enter the big room, a number of monster closets will open up. Kill all of the enemies and press the switch on one of the northwestern monster closets. This raises a bridge to the west allowing you to leave the map.
Other points of interest
- After obtaining the red key, head for the red door. Go inside this room, but quickly leave the way you came and head south as if you were going back to the red key. Climb up the stairs and you will notice the lift has been lowered, so get on it before it rises and you will find a room with a box of shells, a backpack, a couple of stimpacks, and a switch. (sector 90)
- Enter the room behind the red door and take the small passage to the right. When it dead-ends, one of the eastern walls is slightly misaligned. Open this wall to find a megaarmor. (sector 105)
- Open the wall behind the megaarmor in Secret #2, and you will find a staircase upwards. Go all the way up and press the computer panel to reveal a room with a switch. (sector 104) If you go down the stairs from the switch, you will find a rocket launcher and some boxes of rockets next to it. Press the wall that is directly left of the cage to leave this area.
- Flip the switch in Secret #1, and return through the hall. When you reach the red door, go west towards the two small sets of steps. Just before the left stair set there will be an opening where you can head onto a catwalk with some supplies. (sector 70) If you flipped the switch in Secret #3, the catwalk will extend to a window leading to an outside area where you will see a soul sphere on a platform surrounded by nukage. Use the switch to obtain the soul sphere.
- Behind the blue door, go until you find a room with nukage. Look towards the western computer panel, and use the wall it is on to lower it revealing a passageway with supplies. (sector 162)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||02:05||Didier Bertrand||2011-12-16||i1d6-205.zip||1|
|NM speed||04:49||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-09||i1dxnm.zip|
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
1. ^ Plays back with dtwid_old.wad.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 303)
- facing north. (thing 305)
- facing south. (thing 307)
- facing west. (thing 308)
- facing west. (thing 403)
- facing south-west. (thing 406)
- facing north. (thing 415)
- facing north-east. (thing 418)
- facing west. (thing 422)