E1M6: Tesla/Ohm Labs (No Sleep for the Dead)
|No Sleep for the Dead maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go through the doorway to encounter some zombiemen and turn left, then head through a door and go straight forward through the red inverted cross, collecting a shotgun on the way. Keep going forward and climb the stairs on your right, then follow the walkway around some nukage and head down another set of steps. Head forward between the pillars and imps and go down two more steps, then turn left and go through the exit door. The exit switch will be guarded by a demon on I'm Too Young to Die (ITYTD) and Hey Not Too Rough (HNTR) skill levels, or a cacodemon on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) or higher.
Other points of interest
Go to the north-west corner of the walkway surrounding the nukage to find a switch, then press it to lower a pillar in the middle of the nukage holding a red keycard. Go to the room past the red inverted cross and use the red key to open the south door - the room behind it holds a rocket launcher, two boxes of rockets and a backpack which are protected by imps, shotgun guys, plus two cacodemons on HMP or higher. The door will lock behind you for 30 seconds when you enter the room.
- As the level starts, turn right to see a switch which will open a nearby door, leading to a dark room with spectres, a chainsaw, armor bonuses, some ammo, and another switch. (sector 46)
- The switch inside secret #1 opens up a passage in the room just north of the starting area. (sector 95) Follow it to get outside and find a shotgun, partial invisibility, a stimpack, some armor bonuses, two energy cells and shotgun shells. The area is guarded by two spectres on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM) skill levels.
- In the room with imps on blue pads, open the wall behind the north-west pad to find two passages. If you go right, you will find the switch to lower the teleporter to secret #6, and you can get secret #4 if you go left. (sector 113)
- Head left from secret #3, going up the steps to a dead-end room with a box of shotgun shells in the middle. Just west of the box of shells, open the green wall to find a medikit, a chaingun, and a box of bullets. (sector 179)
- Go to the south-east corner of the rocket launcher room to find an armor, guarded by a spectre on UV or NM. (sector 160)
- The circular teleporter just before the exit can be lowered by pressing the switch in the room just above it to the south. Once you press it, enter the teleporter to be sent to another pillar holding a plasma gun. (sector 16)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||2:38.26||Blake Collins (Rayziik)||2016-08-10||nos1d6-238.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 135)
- facing west. (thing 136)
- facing south. (thing 137)
- facing east. (thing 138)
- facing north. (thing 139)
- facing east. (thing 140)
Inspiration and development
- This level includes several design elements from Doom's E2M1: Deimos Anomaly, including the red inverted cross, the red triangular platform with candles, and the optional red key.