E1M6: Warpgate Research Facility (Doom: Damnation)
|Doom: Damnation maps|
Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
E1M6: Warpgate Research Facility is the sixth map in the first episode of Doom: Damnation. It was designed by Ofisil and uses the music track "Drums Of War". The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 2:50.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Open the door in front of you and pass the cacodemon waiting behind it, then head north until you see a silver lift on your right with a switch next to it. Flip the switch to lower the lift then ride it up to a teleporter, which will send you to the tan tower you can see in front of you with three imps. Turn round and open the door behind you to enter another tower with two teleporters guarded by zombiemen and a shotgun guy, then step on the left teleporter to reach the east tower which holds three zombiemen and three shotgun guys. Step off the teleporter you land on and then step on it again - you will be sent to the south tower which holds two zombiemen and two shotgun guys, as well as the blue keycard.
With the blue key, step back into the teleporter to return to the east tower then step on the teleporter on your left to return to the west tower; from here you can enter the teleporter on your right to return to the lift. Step on the lift to ride it back down then turn left to see a blue key door in front of you; go through this door and kill any waiting shotgun guys and imps then climb the steps and press the button at the top. Leave the chamber and go to the south-east corner to find a button that will lower the lift underneath it, taking you down to a room with a chaingun, a medikit and some armor bonuses. Head east until you drop into a nukage pit then immediately turn right and enter a narrow passage leading to a room full of gore as well as one or two demons. Kill the imps standing on the east lift before lowering it, then ride the lift up to a bridge with a cacodemon as well as a chainsaw at the end.
After collecting the chainsaw, turn right and flip the switch in front of you to lower a lift which leads up to a hall full of barrels. Press the skull switch at the south end of the hall to open a door at the north end and reveal a large number of demons (up to thirty on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill levels); stand in the south-east corner of the room and let the demons approach, then blow up the barrels to kill as many of them as possible. Go through the door you just opened then head north-east to a white teleporter behind an open gate, which will send you to a neighboring area to the west. Head north-west into a tunnel and follow it west past one or more spectres until you find a switch at the end which will raise a platform from the nearby nukage. Get on the platform then step west to a small door (do not fall in the nukage between the tech pillars as it will be inescapable), behind which is a glowing passage leading to an exit door. Open the exit door and step on the white teleporter behind it to finish the level.
Other points of interest
From the room with the chaingun, head east but do not drop into the nukage; instead, look north to see a dead-end containing a partial invisibility and a shotgun guy.
From the previous point, drop into the nukage and immediately turn left to enter a narrow passage leading to a rocket launcher, ten armor bonuses and a stimpack (or medikit on I'm Too Young to Die and Hey Not Too Rough skill levels).
- Leave the starting room and take the lift to your right down. Stay on the lift, but notice the switch on the left wall. When the lift is about to rise, use the switch and ride the lift back up. Return to the starting room, then enter the corridor behind the south-west alcove before it closes. Take the lift up to get a supercharge, and you can also get health bonuses by dropping into the hole. (sector 49)
- Leave the starting room and take the lift to your right down. Enter the hall to the east, then head down and go through a false wall with pipes on the west side to find a radiation shielding suit. (sector 223)
- In the south-east hall with the barrels, use the lift at the south end with the medikit, then press on the pentagram at the back wall. This lowers the barricade behind the switch. Use the face behind the switch to open a teleporter at the east wall. This will take you to a box of rockets, a backpack, a supercharge and a computer area map. (sector 142)
The north-east wall in the east tower in the blue key area has a wall (linedef 613) with the action "DR Door Open Wait Close" assigned to it. Using this wall can crash the game in vanilla Doom.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 309)
- facing north. (thing 319)
- facing south-east. (thing 320)
- facing north. (thing 321)
- facing north-east. (thing 322)
- facing south-west. (thing 323)
- facing north. (thing 324)
- facing south-east. (thing 341)
- facing south. (thing 342)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: