E1M7: Logic Core (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M7: Logic Core is the seventh map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Trevor Primmett (iori) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 4:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Two zombiemen will see you from the start. The lift that is along the path you should go has a medikit and shotgun shells if you need them. In the big room with the shotgun, find the hall with the switch. Pressing it opens another hall. Head through this hall, and at the fork go right into a longer hall. This one takes you to a large room. Take the lift at the south end of this room. On the other end of this lift is a very complex area. There are a ton of enemies living in and around this place. You can go straight across to the lift and ride it up to get an armor. However, you should probably get rid of the enemies here first. When done, go through the lit passageway that is close to the lift. You will find a switch and this opens up a number of walls leading to a very maze like area. Again, a lot of monsters reside in this maze, so kill them. You might find the blue door in the northeast, as well as a lift to the northwest, which should be your next destination. Take this lift up, then go left and follow the path to a switch which you should press. Now go back through this passage and you will find a wall that opened up. This wall leads to the other side of the fork mentioned earlier. You can go here if you want but since you do not have the blue key yet, this area will not be of much use for now.
Head back through the other path again, down the long hallway. You might find some monsters pouring out from the big room, that is because the door on the west side of the room is open. Head through this door and take the path going north until you grab the red key. A wall opens revealing imps upon your retrieval of the keycard. Go back and continue along the path to the red door there and open it. Take the lift down, then head along the walkway. In the next room, turn right, and right again up the stairs to a switch. This lowers the north wall in the room. Behind the wall, go up the curvy staircase to retrieve the blue keycard. Now go back to the room with the wall that you lowered and head south to the other red door. This leads to the other end of the complex area. Go back through here, and through the lit passageway back to the maze, heading northeast till you find the blue door. Alternatively, return to the aforementioned fork, and now you can take the other path which has a blue door too. Behind either blue door, head east, then north. The exit door should be to the east. Head in here, press the switch to lower the lift and exit.
Other points of interest
- Take the lift south of the big room into the blue floored area with many enemies inside. Go towards the barrel and look to the right to see a computer panel. The two side panels surrounding it can be opened, where you can find a medikit and a switch. (sector 140) The switch reveals a rocket launcher in the main hallway to the north.
- In the same area as Secret #1, head for the southeast corner close to the lift that leads up to the armor. You will find that the grey panels near the corner are misaligned. Open them to reveal a passage leading outside where you can get two medikits and a computer area map. (sector 335)
- In the southeastern-most part of the map, you can find a section with a metal floor instead of a blue floor. Here, open the wall in the southwest corner for a passage which leads to a backpack. (sector 173)
- After opening the door leading to the area where the red keycard is located, head west as if you were going towards the red door. You may notice that the northwest wall is slightly misaligned. Open this wall and drop into the nukage, then go to the platform that contains a megaarmor, two medikits, a box of bullets, and shotgun shells. (sector 196)
- Open the blue doors as if you were heading towards the exit. Instead of heading for the exit though, head for the rooms with the blue floors on them, and look for a wall that does not contain brown stains on it. Open this wall to trigger a lift. Ride it up and hit the switch so you can grab the soul sphere you saw earlier and the rocket launcher. (sector 37) A passage opens to the south when you attempt to grab the soul sphere.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||5:50.14||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-10||i1dxnm.zip|
|UV max||4:41.03||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-12-31||dtwid1-7-441.zip|
|UV -fast||6:33.94||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-01||dtwid1-7f633.zip|
|UV -respawn||4:32.49||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-01||dtwid1-7r432.zip|
|UV Tyson||17:28.60||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-01||dtwid1-7t1728.zip|
|NoMo 100S||1:42.69||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-10-28||dtwid1-7os142.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 6, 2022.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 53)
- facing south-west. (thing 54)
- facing west. (thing 69)
- facing east. (thing 70)
- facing south. (thing 482)
- facing west. (thing 483)
- facing north. (thing 484)
- facing south. (thing 485)
- facing south. (thing 486)
- facing north-east. (thing 487)