E1M7: Quarantine Area (No Sleep for the Dead)
|No Sleep for the Dead maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head forward across the steps and take the shotgun, then cross the nukage and go through the north door to a room with three armor bonuses. Go forward to open a wall in front of you, then climb the stairs and kill any shotgun guys waiting at the top. Go forward to a chamber guarded by imps and press both switches in this area, then kill the monsters that teleport in from the neighboring chamber and some shotgun guys that have been released to the south. (The yellow keycard on the circular step is optional.)
Go back down the stairs and head through either doorway on your left or right. Head north and follow a walkway past some nukage, then go down the steps to an area with three doors. Open the left-hand door and kill the imps waiting behind it, take the computer area map and press the switch next to it, then backtrack past the nukage (watching out for any demons and imps that have been released) and head south under a marble demon face. As soon as you enter the next room, turn right and pass between two gray walls then go through an opening in the blue tech wall ahead. Kill any imps and demons blocking the way then turn right and follow the passage to a red keycard guarded by a baron of Hell.
Collect the red key, then return to the area with three doors and open the middle door with red key markings. Kill the cacodemon waiting behind the door on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or higher, then go through the exit door and press the switch behind it to finish the level.
Other points of interest
The yellow key is used to open a door in the north-east corner of the level. Before you reach this door you will pass three chambers containing nukage - enter them to find armor, a medikit, a chaingun and a box of bullets. Go through the yellow key door and climb the staircase on your right, then press the switch at the top - this will lower a pillar to your left holding a plasma gun, which is guarded by a baron on HMP or higher.
Go to the south-east corner of the level to find a chamber with shotgun guys. Entering the chamber will open a second chamber with imps, and going into that area will open a third chamber where two barons are guarding a rocket launcher and four boxes of rockets. You can also open the tech walls in the third chamber to find a backpack, shotgun shells and energy cells.
The north end of the level has three doors. Pressing the switch behind the left-hand door will open the right-hand door - behind it you will find one or two cacodemons guarding a blue keycard. This item is needed to reach secret #6.
In the passage containing the red keycard, follow it south and east to find another chaingun and a box of bullets being guarded by a cacodemon.
- Open the door directly behind you at the start to find health bonuses and an armor pickup. (sector 214)
- Go into the nukage in front of you at the start and go to the southeast corner to find a box of shotgun shells and a medikit. (sector 224)
- Go through the door due north of the shotgun at the start. Look south-west in the next room to find a switch on the wall. Flip it, then head east where there will be a new room with a partial invisibility, armor bonuses, shotgun shells, and a medikit. (sector 305) Spectres will emerge from the room on HMP or higher.
- Head east from where the shotgun is at the start, then go south into a chamber with shotgun guys. Entering this room opens up the next room ahead containing imps; you can open a wall in the south-east corner of this room to collect an invulnerability. (sector 323)
- At the north end of the map are three doors. Open the left-hand door and enter this room, then head to the south-west area of the level with the blue key door. This area has a narrow strip of blue floor, with steps leading up to a berserk pack. (sector 325)
- From secret #5, enter the neighboring room to the south and go through the blue key door here. Turn left to collect a megaarmor being guarded by an imp or demon, then turn round and climb the steps to a switch guarded by a cacodemon. Flip the switch then go back through the blue door to see that the circular plinth has lowered. Step into it to be teleported to a ledge with a supercharge. (sector 210)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||4:24.66||Blake Collins (Rayziik)||2016-08-22||nos1d7-424.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 110)
- facing east. (thing 111)
- facing north. (thing 112)
- facing east. (thing 113)