E1M7: Waste Treatment (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps|
E1M7: Waste Treatment is the seventh map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis). The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as official add-on is 25:20.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Open the door in front of you to get to a crossroads then turn left (west) and follow the path past some zombies and imps to get to another door. Go through it and head up either of the two staircases in front of you to a large room with a chaingun in the center, then head up another staircase on the west side of this room before turning left and going down some steps to get outside. Head north-east to another staircase (you can find a shotgun at the top on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level or lower) and go down it to a door, head through then go down yet another set of steps to your left to reach a room with a bridge over lava - do not fall in to the lava as it is inescapable.
Cross the bridge and take the chaingun here if you need it, then open the nearby door and follow the path north and east until you see a green door ahead; the door cannot be opened directly, but if you go down the stairs to your left and turn right at the bottom you will see a switch ahead that will open the door for you. Kill the demons and cacodemons that are released behind you then press the button in the cacodemons' closet to raise the stairs (which lowered when you approached the first switch), then head through the door and kill all the waiting monsters before going to a button on the west wall. Press the button then quickly step aside to avoid the imps and demons that are released right behind you, then leave the room by either of the east doorways and look north to see some imps and zombies guarding the red keycard.
Go back to the previous room, where you will see that a spine wall has blocked the entrance. Open the north door (requiring the red key) and fight your way through a concrete tunnel to a room with four computer terminals, then go to the center of this room (which will cause lost souls to appear at the terminals) and look west to see an eye switch that will remove the spine wall you saw earlier. Head east into a hallway with a cacodemon and open the door here to return to the previous room, then retrace your steps through the map until you get back to the room that held the first chaingun (west of the start). Open the door in the south-west corner and blow up the barrels ahead to destroy some approaching enemies, then enter the west hallway and follow it round until you see a doorway on your left - pass through this doorway and head north to a button underneath a low window.
Press the button then head back round to the round chamber and take the east hallway this time, then follow it until you reach an open door that leads east to a red key door. Open this door and head south through the next chamber to drop down to a fenced path with various enemies. Fight your way along this path until you reach the yellow keycard; approaching it will lower the path, revealing two compartments with even more enemies as well as a baron of Hell near the center of the room.
Head back to the start of the fenced path, where an alcove containing a cacodemon and a button has been revealed; press this button then go back to the north-east side and head north through a door that has opened, then follow the hallway round to find yourself on the other side of the fence. Go to the south-west corner of this area and flip the switch here to open a silver wall ahead, kill the enemies that are released behind you then head back round to that wall and pass through it to find a passageway leading to a lift; activate the lift then open the door on your right to find yourself back at the red key door you opened earlier. Head back through the map to the lava bridge and cross it again, but this time walk north to a staircase that leads up to a yellow key door.
Go through to a room with a large computer block and get rid of any enemies waiting behind it, then activate the lift on the north side and ride it up to confront some demons. Head west up some steps and flip the switch at the top, which will open the curved wall behind you to reveal a pack of zombies and imps, then head through a door in the west wall to enter a chamber with two hallways leading away from it. Follow either hallway until you reach some steps leading to a room between the hallways, then flip the switch at the south end to raise a set of stairs to your left leading up to the next doorway. Climb the stairs to get outside and head south into a room with a nukage pool guarded by several enemies, then go through the east doorway and follow the walkway round to a box switch that will lower nukage pools throughout the map - this will also open three closets with demons, imps and cacodemons.
Go back to the previous room and press the button inside the west alcove, which will open a nearby chamber containing a teleporter back to the starting point (plus a radiation shielding suit on I'm Too Young To Die and Hey Not Too Rough). Enter the teleporter then open the north door again and drop into the nukage pit on your left, which you can follow to a tunnel with a marble floor. Follow the tunnel past several monsters until you get to a nukage pit with a tower inside it, then activate the lift inside this tower to go up to the blue keycard.
Ride the lift back down and enter the tunnel again - there is a blue key door near the pit that has another lift behind it. Ride this lift up and open a door at the top. then turn left and head straight forward to some steps leading up to a teleporter that will take you back to the starting point. Open the door again and head straight forward down some steps, then look right to see a blue key door and open it to enter a dark tunnel. Kill any imps (and a demon hiding behind the right-hand wall on HMP or higher) then head straight forward until you drop down to an outdoor arena where a crowd of imps and eight barons (twelve on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM)) will teleport in. Once the bars blocking the north door have dropped, step through (killing a waiting spectre on UV and NM) and open the exit door on your right to find one or two imps guarding the exit switch.
Other points of interest
- At the start, open the gray wall to your left with slime on it to get an armor and a shotgun. (sector 4)
- From the starting point, head down the steps dead ahead. At the fork, go left, and through the next door, turn left again. To your right is a tech lamp, and straight ahead is a lift. Approaching the tech lamp lowers a wall somewhere at the top of the lift. You will need to activate the lift, wait a bit, then run towards the lamp and then go up the lift. From the top, head through the passage going south and then quickly through the opening where the rocket launcher is before it rises. A supercharge and some ammo are in this room. (sector 320)
- In the open room where the blue keycard is, walk up the steps on the west side and head outside. Go onto the railing here, facing right, and jump through the window back into the previous room. You will notice that a wall has lowered. This wall hides a clip, a backpack, a medikit and a partial invisibility. (sector 103)
- In the hall with the eye switch (the one that is directly west of where the red key is located and requires said key), you can open the wall with the UAC logo on it to reach a small room where a zombieman guards some supplies, including a chainsaw, two stimpacks, two armor bonuses, a backpack, two rockets and shotgun shells. (sector 880)
- In the circular area south of the blue key room, go to the south side of this room and go off the lift here. At the end, hit the switch to lower the wall, and at the next dead end, open the bit of the wall that looks different from the rest. You will reveal a switch, use it then backtrack to the circular hallway from before. On the west side, a wall is open revealing a lift taking you down to armor bonuses, a medikit and some ammo. (sector 709)
- Past the yellow door, take the lift up to the next level and go south past the terminal to the two windows. Notice that the second window has a green streak instead of a brown one. You can lower this window, then jump to the berserk pack. (sector 901)
- When you reach the large outdoor section with the nukage, run across the nukage to the fence at the east end. Walk around the end of the fence and drop to the ledge with the teleporter. The teleporter takes you to a ledge with two rockets, two stimpacks and a megaarmor. Note that if you had flipped the switch which lowers the nukage levels, it is still possible to access the teleporter. There is a small snippet of ledge you can sidle on next to the lift that leads out of the nukage, and you can use that to reach the teleporter. (sector 156)
- After flipping the switch that lowers the nukage levels, return to the room where secret #2 is. Now enter the nukage at the east end and take the next lift up to a supercharge and four rockets. (sector 310)
- Go through the blue key door and then go past two lighted sections in the hallway. When you do so, immediately turn left and follow a hidden passage to a switch. Now flip it and go back a bit to find a plasma gun. Make sure to reach this before the wall rises again. (sector 394)
- At the outdoor portion of the map close to the exit, there is a section of the green wall to the north-east that is slightly recessed. Open this wall to find two boxes of rockets and an energy cell. (sector 900)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||16:07.29||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2013-01-20||d1i7-1607.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains seventeen spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 1094)
- facing south. (thing 1095)
- facing south-west. (thing 1096)
- facing north. (thing 1097)
- facing north-west. (thing 1098)
- facing north. (thing 1099)
- facing east. (thing 1100)
- facing south-east. (thing 1101)
- facing north-east. (thing 1103)
- facing east. (thing 1104)
- facing north. (thing 1105)
- facing south-east. (thing 1106)
- facing south. (thing 1109)
- facing north. (thing 1110)
- facing north. (thing 1111)
- facing south-west. (thing 1113)
- facing north. (thing 1115)