E1M8: Sacrilegium Surrexit (HYMN)
|HYMN: HCP maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M8. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M8.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the northeast end, after raising the steps and walls by using the switch behind the green key door, go up the steps to the north and head south along the left side, all the way to the southwest end. Cross over the wall to the east, then head south when you can and use the mural on the wall. Cross back over the wall and head southwest to an open compartment containing a Phoenix Rod and an Inferno Orb. (sector 2502)
- After using the switch behind the erupting volcano in the center of the map, you will raise bridges around the area to the south. Get to the southeast end of these ledges (near a green door), then head north to a Hellstaff. Lower the wall behind it to get an Enchanted Shield. (sector 2900)
- At the northeast end, after raising the steps and walls by using the switch behind the green key door, go up the steps to the north and head south along the right side. When you get to a Crystal Vial, press on the east wall to reveal a switch. After using it, go all the way to the left side of the walkway and enter the compartment with the Mystic Urn. (sector 2936)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- "Sacrilegium Surrexit" can be translated (approximately) from Latin as Sacrilegious Uprising.