E1M8: Thunderpeak Powerplant (ZPack)
The Remains of UAC
|Descent to Darkness|
This level occupies the map slot E1M8. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M8.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
E1M8: Thunderpeak Powerplant (M_VAD02+03.wad) is the eighth map in episode The Remains of UAC of ZPack. It was designed by Björn Ostmann (Vader) and uses the music track "Grand Design" by Simon Judd (sirjuddington). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 10:00. Together with E1M9: Termination, it was also given a standalone release in August 2008 as "Thunderpeak", and granted a Cacoward.
Thunderpeak Powerplant was featured in Doomworld's Top 100 Most Memorable Maps, placing 12th.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the southeast part of the base's first floor, near the crates, use the metal grating on the west wall. This will reveal a soul sphere. (thing 329 via thing 330, ZDoom's "secret trigger" actor)
- Enter the powerplant and at the fork, turn left. There will be a lift to your immediate left, but also a metal panel a bit past the vent on the west wall. Jump up here and open the panel for a berserk pack. (sector 921)
- You need the yellow key for this secret. Head through the north door in the room where Secret #1 is located, and take the north lift up. Shoot the vent on the left and hop into the hole to reach the vent shaft. Shoot the shadows as you continue east, then south. At the dead end, flip the switch (which requires the key) and keep going through the room of health bonuses and rockets to the next vent. There is a hole in front of the armor bonus in the next vent. Drop into the hole to reach a secret room with two friendly marines, a shotgun, a computer area map, a box of rockets, energy cells and medikits. (sector 5112)
- Enter the powerplant and at the fork, take the door straight ahead. Jump down the hole in the control room above the reactor to reach the hidden vent area where you can get a number of supplies, including a plasma gun. (sector 5770)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: