E1M8: Transport Facility (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M8: Transport Facility is the eighth and final map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Jacob Zuchowski (ellmo) in the style of Sandy Petersen and features a boss battle with either two or three barons of Hell, depending on the skill level. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 2:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
From the starting room head through the door. On ground floor, you can go through the tunnel if you choose, or you can go up the lift. If you go through the tunnel here, a path branching left leads to a shotgun and ammo. At the end, the lights will turn on at the staircase, and there is a door leading to the main arena of the map.
If you plan on taking the upper route, use the lift, then climb the stairs and jump across to the other end of the balcony. You can grab a few health bonuses here. Go through this path and take the door to the northeast. In front of you lies an armor and in the side areas lies a chaingun, ammo, and a backpack. Take all that is needed then enter the door at the end of the path, which leads to the same arena as the other passage.
In the main arena you will have to first deal with imps, spectres and demons. When you are ready, head around the structure to the south and flip the switch there. This lowers the structure, and in the middle is an evil eye. Approach this eye to reveal three barons around you. When you kill them, the northern walls will lower. You will see a staircase leading down to a demonic pentagram teleporter. Enter this one, and spectres will bite you until your health reaches 11% or lower and then the level ends.
Other points of interest
- At the start, head into the next room and ignore the lift for now. Go all the way down this hall and up the stairs that light up as you go. However, do not open the door at the top. Look to the left to find a gray wall that you are able to open. Open it and follow the path to obtain a rocket launcher and some rockets. (sector 40)
- If you go down the left path instead of taking the lift, you may notice a side room to the left. If you head in to this side room, you will find a shotgun and some shells. There is a dark passage just northwest of the pickups, and inside is a switch. Flip it and go back to the room with the lift. Ride the lift up and head up the steps and across the gap. The switch you pressed revealed an opening to your right. (sector 67) There is a soul sphere at the end of this path, but get it quickly because the platform it is on will rise up eventually.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||0:42.86||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-18||i1dxnm.zip|
|UV max||1:05.86||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-02||dtwid1-8-105.zip|
|UV -fast||1:10.66||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-02||dtwid1-8f110.zip|
|UV Tyson||2:23.57||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2015-10-06||i1d8t223.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 6, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 114)
- facing west. (thing 115)
- facing north. (thing 118)
- facing east. (thing 123)
- facing north. (thing 136)
- facing west. (thing 146)