E1M9: Creeping Death (Fava Beans)
|Fava Beans maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
There are no keys in this level. The level is extreme short in case if you decide to not visit optional areas. In the starting room, open the door to an open area. In this area, turn left and open the similar silver door ahead. Dispatch a shotgun guy and a zombieman and rise on the stairs. Kill the imps in the corridor and flip the switch ahead of you. This will be the finish of the level.
Other points of interest
In the outside area, there is a pillar nearby, which can be lowered in order to get a shotgun. This is needed to increase the shells, as anyway you kill the shotgunners and get their shotguns. This is difficult and purposeless to dodge them.
In the same area, a small building can be found in the center. Find the stairs leading down to ground and lower a silver lift (which reads "UAC" and has the corresponding logo). The lift will lead you to the room within this building. Take the rocket launcher, some ammo and health.
You can visit a nukage area in the north of the level (be careful, when you walk on the nukage; there is no radiation suits to wear). There, you can collect health and armor bonuses and some other items. Step into the safe room under red lamps, and one of three columns will lower. Take the shotgun on this column to increase your shells.
- In the exit room, do not hurry to press the button. Turn left and open a computer panel. You will find three items behind: one box of rockets, an armor bonus and a soulsphere. (sector 29)
- There is a hidden lift in the previous secret. To temporarily lower it, walk up the staircase you did to get to the exit room, then visit secret#1 and enter the aforementioned lift. This will raise you to a passageway with some bonuses. Go to the end of it and open a metallic door, which will lead you to one of the ledges on which you find some health and armor, shells and plasma gun. (sector 31)
- Do not hurry to drop off secret#2's ledge and face to southern wall. Open it, and you will be in some darker room. Press the switch to activate a lift leading down to a bottom room with imps. Press another switch in that room in order to lower a hidden lift. Step on it and take a chainsaw. (sector 38)
- Get back to the outside. Go north to an entrance of a nukage area but do not visit it now. Turn left and open a noticeable brown patch. Take an invulnerability sphere. (sector 55)
- Again, do not hurry to step out off secret#4's lift. Wait until it raises you up. If you are playing a deathmatch session, you find a BFG9000 here. Otherwise, not. In any case, there is a switch for activating the lift again in order to get out. Visit this secret in both single player and multiplayer games, if you wish to trigger the secret and get 100% of secrets. (sector 58)
Areas / screenshots
The E1M9-like nukage pool
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
- One of the players on deathmatch session begins on the tallest column. The middle column has a BFG9000 upon it. In order to get it you should jump on this column from that tallest one.
- Do not hurry to step out of lift mentioned in Secret#3 and wait until it rises. Take a megaarmor.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 0)
- facing south. (thing 1)
- facing north. (thing 2)
- facing north. (thing 3)
- facing south. (thing 12)
- facing south. (thing 13)