E1M9: Military Base (Wonderful Doom)
|Wonderful Doom maps|
Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
This level occupies the map slot E1M9. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M9.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
E1M9: Military Base is the ninth and secret map in the Knee-Deep in the Dead episode of Wonderful Doom. It was designed by Eugene Guschin (Wraith777).
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the blue key area, drop into the nukage and pick up the stimpack. The wall near it will lower. Press on the brown wall to lower it, then ride it up. At the top, pick up rockets, a rocket launcher, a medikit, and armor bonuses. (sector 129)
- Picking up the medikit in Secret #1 reveals a lift in the room with pillars at the east side. Go there and use the lift. Drop into the nukage to find a medikit, a box of rockets, and partial invisibility. (sector 112)
- In Secret #2, shoot the barrel and go through the east wall to find a radiation suit, health bonuses, and a chainsaw. You can jump to the pillars to get their items from here as well. (sector 114)
- Drop into the nukage in the yellow key area, then head to the southeast side to get a radiation suit, ammo clips, and a megaarmor. (sector 0)
A shotgun guy (Thing 249) in the west has no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so it does not actually appear in the level.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 58)
- facing north-west. (thing 272)
- facing west. (thing 276)
- facing north. (thing 277)
- facing south-west. (thing 278)
- facing south-east. (thing 279)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: