E1M9 (Return to Phobos)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
|Return to Phobos maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M9. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M9.
E1M9 is a secret map in Return to Phobos. It was designed by Michael Kelsey.
The level can be accessed from E1M3 and will take the player to E1M4 after completing.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Going east from the red key you will reach a blue door leading to a corridor surrounding a room with a supercharge and several health bonuses. This can be entered via a secret room accessible from the eastern corridor (the door is immediately opposite the differently-textured lift on the opposite wall). (sector 118)
- Take the aforementioned lift up to a room with a circular blood pool. Drop down to the north, and take the nearby lift up to a small platform with two clips. Go through the red door and round to another door at the end of the passage. This takes you to a secret room. (sector 66)
- #2's eastern door opens on shooting, leading to a room with a stimpack, a box of bullets, a shotgun guy (medium and hard skills only) and an imp (hard skill only). (sector 68)
- The western wall at the southern end of #3 is a secret door leading to a ledge with a computer map. (sector 70)
- The exit room contains a switch that can be reached by jumping over the gap at either edge (doing so in the middle will exit the level). Note that this ledge contains four health potions, but only three are visible and the fourth cannot be obtained. The switch opens a room to the east of the start containing a plasma gun, some ammo, and (on multiplayer) a backpack. The room can be reached by jumping into the gap at either edge and walking onto the teleporter, and teleporting again. (sector 172)
- The health bonus #109 can't be grabbed.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV -fast||7:41.29||Serge Marudov (Never_Again)||2002-05-25||return01_na.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 252)
- facing south-east. (thing 253)
- facing south. (thing 254)
- facing east. (thing 255)
- facing west. (thing 256)
- facing north. (thing 258)
- facing north. (thing 259)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: