E2M1: Foray (The Classic Episode)
|The Classic Episode maps|
E2M1: Foray is the first map of The Classic Episode wad. It was created by Anthony Soto and uses the music track "At Doom's Gate". The map is fairly complex and focuses on close combat so the shotgun will be your best friend.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
From the starting point, walk into the room ahead and take the hallway on the right (two traps on either sides with shotgunners will open). Go left and drop down. Walk into blue room, walk around the metallic column and press the green button to make up the pillars therefore to get to the keycard. Walk on them up and grab the red key.
Go out of this room by climbing the stairs. Drop down and take south eastern way. Enter the alcove to press the button to open red bars (a trap behind you will open). Walk upstairs. To get to the other side where there is the key make a run-and-jump on the pillar and then to the northern ledge. Grab the blue key.
Drop down into the grey floor room. Go south back to the familiar room and take the staircase west. Open the door, head right and grab the yellow key in the room. Take the northern blue door to go out. Go left to the nukage room and open the yellow door. Go right, turn and press the switch to finish.
Other points of interest
In the very beginning of the level, head right and take the chainsaw between two lamps.
- In the beginning room, head left and step on the floor in the south-eastern corner. The floor will go down, and you will find yourself in the closet with a chaingun and a blur sphere. (sector 128)
- In the south room with blue floor, walk around the tan crate to find security armor in it. (sector 121)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 49)
- facing south-east. (thing 51)
- facing north-west. (thing 123)
- facing south-west. (thing 124)
- facing south-west. (thing 130)
- facing south. (thing 132)
- facing west. (thing 157)