E2M1: Receiving Station (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
E2M1: Receiving Station is the first map of The Shores of Hell in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Xaser Acheron in the style of Sandy Petersen and John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 45 seconds.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Right from the beginning go around the column to find an armor, then go right, all the way to a switch. This switch reveals a fire behind you. This acts as a teleporter, so use it. On the other side, use the nearby teleporter here to warp to a red room. The blue key is in front of you. If you go further through the passage, you will find a lot of enemies ambushing you at that point. Instead of going that way, just pick up the blue key and head back through the teleporter. Go down the staircase here, and go to the end with the shotgun on the window. There is a switch on the wall which lowers the teleporter behind you. Use it and you will wind up in a new area with a blue door which is the exit.
Other points of interest
- When you teleport to the part of the map with the staircase, walk down it and look left for a staircase leading upwards to a blur artifact. You will notice a small block near this staircase. Climb to the top and then jump on the block and you will hear a door opening. Head back to the big room and you will notice an opening to the left. Head into this blue-floored room for a medikit and two health bonuses. (sector 51)
- If you press the gray wall to the south of Secret #1, you will trigger a lift leading up to an oval-shaped area where you can get a soul sphere. (sector 105) Should you wish to get it, do not fall into the blood before pressing the switch, otherwise you will not be able to escape.
- Press the switch that is to the right of the exit room, then head back to where the blue keycard was. You will find a new alcove in this area where you can obtain a red skull key (do not stand in the alcove for long though because it is a damaging sector). After getting the key, head for the room directly north and open the alcoves where the monsters ambush you if you have not opened them already. Then head for the red door in the northeast alcove to teleport to the secret sector. (sector 57) You will find a few monsters here as well as a berserk pack.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||0:19.34||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2013-05-19||i2dxnm.zip|
|UV max||1:40.86||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-03||dtwid2-1-140.zip|
|NM 100S||1:15.49||DidierTranber||2011-12-12||i2d1s115.zip||Plays back with dtwid_old.wad|
|UV -fast||2:16.77||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-03||dtwid2-1f216.zip|
|UV -respawn||1:39.14||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2022-01-03||dtwid2-1r139.zip|
|UV Tyson||2:40.06||Guanlan Chen (GarrettChan)||2021-09-03||i2d1t240.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:19.71||Kyle McAwesome||2013-06-06||i2d1p019.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 19, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 201)
- facing west. (thing 205)
- facing south-west. (thing 209)
- facing west. (thing 211)