E2M1 (Forest Valley)
|Forest Valley maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
From where you start, travel down the hallway to the west until you see a door at the end. Open it to find the exit switch.
Other points of interest
Neither of the keys present in this level are required to complete it, but open access to other areas. The red key, found in a wide room accessible through two doors, opens a side room with three rockets and a box of ammo. The blue key, found in a secret area, opens a room with a blood pool and a medikit inside.
Crossing the gap between the red door and the unlocked door in the hall (linedef 419) opens a door which leads into a blood-filled tunnel visible through a window. You can collect a radiation shielding suit on the first platform inside, and then follow the path through the tunnel until you find a room with two stimpacks, two rocket boxes, and a rocket launcher. A second radsuit can be found here to cover your exit.
- In the starting hallway, the wall in the east that the light is shining on can be opened to find eight health bonuses, two armor bonuses, and a stimpack. You must enter the darkened end of the room (sector 60) to register this secret.
- In the wide room where you find the red key, it is found next to a lion face in the northeast corner with a satyr's face next to it. This is a secret door which lets you enter the yard outside. You will be able to collect two medikits nine rockets, an invulnerability, and the blue key. Entering this area will register two secrets, the first of which is the doorway behind the secret door (sector 19).
- The open space behind secret #2 (sector 18) is also classified as secret.
- In the room behind the blue door, open the corner of the wall with a gargoyle face to find a light amplification visor. (sector 40)
- At the start of the level, the switch to the east of the first passage opens a secret door within the blood pool behind the blue door. Behind it is a dark room with a switch that drains the blood out of the previous room, and a second switch. This opens a passage between the two locked rooms and a secret door in the red door room to a tunnel. At the end is a chaingun on an elevated step (sector 5). Be careful, however; obtaining it will darken the passage and unleash several shotgun guys and imps on you.
- In the first room required to access secret #5, the southwest corner in the southern end of the dark room is a secret door to a staircase leading to a medikit. (sector 31)
- In the blood tunnel, there is a misaligned wall next to the first radsuit which can be opened to obtain a medikit, a rocket box, and a suit of megaarmor. (sector 75)
- The only other platform between the start and end of the blood tunnel has another misaligned wall texture which hides a secret door to a computer area map. (sector 80)
- In the exit room, the recess in the east can be opened to find a backpack. (sector 93)
- In secret #9, the satyr face in the northwest corner leads into a secret passage with a supercharge at the end. (sector 95)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing west. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 6)
- facing north-east. (thing 7)
- facing north-east. (thing 203)
- facing south. (thing 204)