E2M2: Filtration Compound (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
E2M2: Filtration Compound is the second map of The Shores of Hell in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium) and Xaser Acheron in the style of Sandy Petersen and John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 2:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Notice the set of lift floor textures in front of you. Move forward and to the left to a door. Inside this room, find the switch here and it should lower those textures as stairs. Go down these steps following a path until you find a switch. This opens the rest of the passage. Go through here, up the stairs and across the walkway overlooking the blood. In this big area, if you take the stairs, you will find the blue door and also see the red skull key in the window. For now, head westward, into another pool of blood where you can find another box of shells. Head west again into the next chamber and go north up the stairs and follow a path to a switch. Pressing it causes a ledge to rise in the room you see through the window. Now you need to cross the blood into that area. You can grab the radiation suit here, or the one right next to the blood. Either way, go west and then up the spiral staircase. Then climb the next spiral staircase to the south. You will find a room with a blood pool, another path, and a switch. Press the switch, and go back down the spiral staircase again. Now head right through the newly opened passage, through a small tunnel. At the end is another room with a spectre and the blue skull key. Grab it and drop down. You should be right next to the blue door, so open it.
Cross the walkway and you will find two radiation suits, so pick up one and drop down into the blood going west to the next door. Take this spiral staircase down to a T-shaped walkway. If you go to the center of the walkway, the part from where you came will sink into the blood. If for some reason you want to go back, restore it by pressing the switch on the northern walkway. Go into the C-Shaped spiral staircase to your west, either by using the walkway or by dropping to the south to the base of the staircase (by the way, if you drop to the north, it looks like you cannot escape, but you can by moving around a bit and the walkway will lower. Do note that you cannot make it rise again however). Take it all the way to the other end into the next room. In this room, go up the stairs to raise paths in the blood leading to a plasma gun and a rocket launcher. However, you can only choose one gun to take, as the other weapon's pedestal will rise when you take one of them. When that is done, keep heading east and you will eventually stumble upon the red skull key. Take the lift up to get it and press the switch here to raise a bridge up so you can cross over to the red door. Follow the path going westward. You will have to drop down into a blood area at one point. Should you want to go back, the switch by the door lowers the walkway, and you can use the lift in the northeast. Otherwise, go through this door and the next one to leave the level.
Other points of interest
Behind the red door, the room on the left has a rocket.
- From where the blue door is, head for the small corridor that is to the southeast. Open the wall at the end to find a passage containing an imp and a soul sphere. (sector 273)
- From the blue door, head down the stairs and west to a room with blood. Go north into a second room filled with blood and go to the northeast corner for a passage containing armor bonuses. (sector 317)
- In the area with the C-shaped staircase, go towards the center to find a three-pronged fork with a door in the center. Take the right path here into a room with shotgun guys and stimpacks. Some of the wooden walls here have skulls on them, and you might notice that the left wall has only two skulls instead of three. Go through this wall to find a passage leading to a switch and a room. (sector 359)
- If you take the left path at the three-pronged fork you will climb the steps up to a teleporter. Enter it, and instead of heading off of the teleporter at the other end, press the lion switch that is directly behind you. There is a box of rockets to your right, but grabbing it triggers a crusher. Grab the Invulnerability from Secret #5 first if you want to pick them up. Afterwards, drop to the left and grab a blur artifact. (sector 311)
- Open the door at the three-pronged fork and head towards the pedestal that has a beating heart on it. When you approach it, the nearby wall lowers revealing demons and lost souls. If you pressed the switch in Secret #3, there will also be a teleporter here. Take it and head through the passage, ignoring the room to the north and climbing up the stairs to the satyr switch which opens for you. Drop down and claim an invulnerability. (sector 160)
- Take the teleporter mentioned in Secret #5 and then look towards the northwestern wall. This wall is a fake and you can actually jump through it. If you mess it up, there is a switch nearby that you can press to ride back up so you can try again. When you make it, you will find a shotgun guy and a teleporter. (sector 382) The teleporter leads you to a megaarmor.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
|NM speed TAS||02:58||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2013-05-19||i2dxnm.zip|
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 92)
- facing west. (thing 99)
- facing west. (thing 100)
- facing north. (thing 101)
- facing south. (thing 194)
- facing north. (thing 221)
- facing south-east. (thing 239)
- facing south. (thing 321)
- facing south-east. (thing 326)
- facing west. (thing 327)
- facing north. (thing 328)
- facing south-east. (thing 329)