E2M2: Lucifer's Spell (Heretic Treasure Chest)
|Heretic Treasure Chest maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head straight forward until you reach Gauntlets of the Necromancer guarded by golems then continue to the door at the south end of the hall. Behind this door is a cross-shaped chamber with several more golems as well as two nitrogolems and one or two fire gargoyles - press the switch in the east wall to open the west door, then go through it to a cavern containing more gargoyles and head north-west until you pass through a narrow opening. A wall on your right will lower to reveal nitrogolems; step over this wall and pass through the door ahead to reach an outdoor area with a large water pool. Follow the stone walkway round, collecting an Ethereal Crossbow on the way, and head north through a second door then climb a staircase past gargoyles and undead warriors (a chamber containing more monsters will open behind you) to a lift that will take you up to a switch. The switch will raise a bridge over the water pool you passed earlier; go back outside and cross that bridge to a door, which you can open to find two to four ophidians guarding the yellow key.
Backtrack to the cross-shaped chamber, passing an iron lich (or disciple of D'Sparil on easy skill levels) waiting by the bridge, then head south through the yellow key door to a wide hall - the blue key is on a round pillar in front of you. Go through the wooden door in the north-west corner and head up a staircase guarded by golems to reach a switch, press it then drop to the ground and head through the door in the north-east corner of the hall where another staircase leads up to a second switch, which will lower the pillar holding the blue key. Take the key then head through the south-west door and follow the tunnel behind it west, south and east, which will lead you through three red doorways to a switch guarded by a weredragon. Press the switch then head north-east through an open door and follow the tunnel behind it all the way to the green key.
Taking the green key will open several closets in the tunnel containing sabreclaws. Follow the tunnel back to the switch you pressed earlier; a second switch has been revealed in a neighboring alcove that will open the nearby door and allow you to return to the blue key hall. Open the south-east door (requiring the green key) and head south past some weredragons towards two Bags of Holding by the exit door - bars will close in front of the door before you can reach it, and two walls indicated by arrows will lower. Go through either wall and head downstairs to a water-filled chamber with golems and (depending on skill level) a weredragon or two ophidians. Press the switch in the south wall then head back to the exit door which is now reachable - destroy an iron lich waiting behind the door then press the blue switch to finish the level.
Other points of interest
- In the water area at the north-west part of the map, go to the south-west corner and press on the indented wall to find a Silver Shield. (sector 453)
- When you use the lift at the north end of the map that leads to the switch to raise the bridge over the water, ride the lift all the way up to find a small passage. At the end, gently drop down to claim a Tome of Power. (sector 98)
- Once you get secret #2, re-enter the door to the north set of steps and in the monster closet there will be a new opening, leading to two Quartz Flasks, a Chaos Device and a teleporter that takes you to a Wings of Wrath pickup. (sector 191)
- In the water area at the north-west part of the map, cross to the south-east corner going south, then west. Open the door as if you were heading back, and to your left will be a lowered lift. Take it up to reach the caged area where the fire gargoyles were. Up here are four Timebombs of the Ancients, two Morph Ovums and a Shadowsphere. (sector 142)
- After entering the southern water room, return to the entrance of the map to find a new room open to the east. There are Mace Spheres, a Morph Ovum and a Tome of Power inside, and you have a chance of acquiring a Firemace as well. (sector 468)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
In multiplayer, spawn points for all weapons are placed around every deathmatch start point.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 250)
- facing south. (thing 583)
- facing south. (thing 645)
- facing south. (thing 646)
- facing south. (thing 653)
- facing south. (thing 660)