E2M4: Deimos Base (Doom: Damnation)
|Doom: Damnation maps|
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
The Shores of Hell
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
E2M4: Deimos Base is the fourth map in the second episode of Doom: Damnation. It was designed by Ofisil and uses the music track E2M4: "Deimos". The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 3:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun and armor then press on the door in front of you, which will lower the floor to reveal a demon. Leave the room using the south doorway then turn right and go round the corner to a staircase, climb it and approach the red torches in front of you - the wall ahead will open to reveal a zombieman and one or more shotgun guys. Step past the wall then turn left and follow the passage all the way round to a switch that will lower the lift underneath you, leading down to a zombieman and a shotgun guy guarding a white teleporter. Step into the teleporter then open the door on your left to find the blue keycard.
Step in the teleporter again and ride the lift back up to find that some imps have been released, then try to use the door in the east wall; the walls on either side of the door will lower, revealing a red-brick room with a berserk pack. Head south into a long passage and follow it south and west past some zombies until you see a partial invisibility on your right, take this item then step on the white teleporter to the north to enter a water-filled area with cacodemons. There are some gray columns with red pillars on top of them in this area; go to the south-east column and flip the switch on its east face - this will re-open the wall at the top of the staircase near the start. Retrace your steps to that staircase and go down it, then head south until you reach some tan steps leading up to a room with a cacodemon and some caged imps. Go through the west doorway to confront some more zombies then turn right and go forward into a room with lights. Enter the passage ahead of you (a platform with two spectres will lower behind you) and go round the corner to find a gray door. Go through it and open another door on your right (requiring the blue key) to find the red keycard.
Go back to the room with the imp cage and head west into a hall with hexagon-pattern walls. At the west end of the hall is a tan door - open it to find several imps guarding the yellow keycard. It is possible to enter the room, take the key and go back through the door before it closes; if it does close, the floor will lower when you try to open it again. You will then need to fight your way past some demons to get back to the east end of the hall; an enclosed area containing fifteen barons of Hell and a cyberdemon has been revealed to the south, but ignore it as they cannot harm you and will infight with each other. Head up the steps in the north-east corner of the hall to a dark room containing a computer area map (plus a spectre on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill level), then go south up another set of steps to a satyr switch which opens on to the light room when pressed.
Return to the room with the imp cage and try to open the red key door to the south with a plasma gun in front of it; nothing will appear to happen. Head east through a blue key door to return to a passage you used earlier and follow it east and north to the red-brick chamber, then head north through an open door (which opened when you tried to open the red key door earlier) and follow the hallway behind it to a room containing imps, shotgun guys and a baron surrounding a white teleporter which will send you outside. Head south-east around the nukage to a yellow key door and open it to find two shotgun guys (and a demon on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher) guarding a switch; flip it, then head north, west and south around the nukage and walk past some green firesticks to find a smaller pool. Step into it to finish the level.
Other points of interest
After lowering the floor in the yellow key room, head east into the hall where three cages holding cacodemons and barons have been revealed. If you do not kill them now, they will be released from the cages after you flip the switch that reveals the exit - the monsters will then teleport to the exit area. If you go back to the cages after opening them you will see that they contain an energy cell pack, a box of shotgun shells and a box of bullets.
- In the central red brick area near the start, head to the south side, just west from where the blue key is located. Press on the recessed brick, then head west, north past the steps, and east into a teleporter before it closes. You will teleport to a secret area with a chainsaw and partial invisibility. (sector 124)
- Enter the teleporter which leads to the room just before the blue key, then re-enter the teleporter. Take the lift back up to the hall around the room with the teleporter and you will notice several alcoves have lowered with imps in them. Enter the second alcove on the north wall and press the back wall. The alcove will raise. Head west to the secret room. A secret wall at the north end has barrels and a supercharge behind them. (sector 139)
- At the east side of the map, head south and find a wall with slime on the west side. Open it and enter the teleporter to find a secret area loaded with monsters. Pick up a chaingun, an invulnerability and a backpack here. (sector 151)
- In the yellow key room, try to open the door out of there. The floor will lower instead. When this happens, make your way to the east, past the large room of monsters you see to the south. Head north up the steps and in the next room you will see part of a switch on the west wall. Use it, then go back down the steps and directly south to reach the room with all the monsters. Go into the corridor and open the door to find a BFG9000, stimpacks, a megaarmor and a backpack. (sector 249)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 346)
- facing south-west. (thing 348)
- facing east. (thing 350)
- facing north-east. (thing 352)
- facing south-west. (thing 355)
- facing south. (thing 357)
- facing south-east. (thing 359)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: