E2M4: Gates of Hell (Kansam's Trial)
|Kansam's Trial maps|
This level occupies the map slot E2M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E2M4.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- The first secret (sector 237) is just behind the start, you open it from the switch in the red room on the right.
- In the same red room, there is a lift on the right of the switch. Go down, take the teleporter, kill the zombies and open the wooden door (sector 172).
- The third and fourth secrets (sectors 17 and 18) are the two imp cages in the throne room. You can enter there from the start of the tentacle tunnels.
- See secret #3.
- The fifth secret (sector 238) can be reached from the up-right branch of the red pentagram, use the lift down then use the right gothic face, and enter. You will get a blue armor.
- The way out of this area, on the left to the blue key room is a secret (sector 150) too.
- You wonder what the right eye switch in the throne room is doing: turn around, a lift has been lowered. Hit the switch down there: reach up left of the red pentagram (down the lift) and get the soulsphere.
- Before going in the bloody labyrinth, hit the hidden switch back on the right of the teleporter (near the corner, on the door to go out the labyrinth) that brings you back in the first zone (down left the red pentagram), it opens a teleporter in the left of the blue armor zone.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 3)
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing east. (thing 5)
- facing east. (thing 6)
- facing east. (thing 177)