E2M5: Deimos Observatory (The Classic Episode)
|The Classic Episode maps|
This level contains a secret exit leading to E2M9: Dissension.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Enter the door, go straight and enter the eastern alcove with blue lamps. In the dead end, you will encounter a spectre. There is a switch that unlocks the door inside the opposite alcove. Also, several spectres will teleport in. Now leave this alcove and enter the western one. Enter a small room with three windows and many shotgun guys to kill. Press the green button to unlock the door. You cannot jump off through the windows as they are too narrow. So, get back and out off the alcove. Kill new monsters and go through the eastern door. By the cargo room go through the tunnel. Use that open door. East open another one and head left. Enter a small room and get the red keycard. Get back through the door. The first door is closed, so use the western door. Inside, press the switch to open that first door. Go back to that open door.
In the grey room head west towards the room with several nukage pits. Open the green door and use the lift. Go around the corner towards the yellow key alcove. Once you take it, a trap will open nearby. Also, the chaingun closet will do. Leave the place by reusing the lift.
Across the room with nukage pits, open the UAC door indicated by red bars. Open the yellow exit door. Be careful when you do, as the imps will instantly teleport behind you. Go upstairs and enter the teleporter.
To get access to this, you have to walk on the staircase behind the northern red door. This will raise up a platform to step on. Go south to the second door with red bars. Step on this platform and jump into the fire wall. Press the button for the secret level.
This does not count as secret in the intermission screen.
Other points of interest
- In the south east of map behind the UAC door, in the room with two crates, press use on the wall with triangle on it. You can find yourself in the outside area with more crates. You can obtain stimpack, boxes of ammo and chaingun here. (sector 74)
- In the room with nukage pits where there is also the red door, open the triangle wall in the southernmost nukage pit. In the closet, obtain two shells, medikit and green armor. (sector 101)
- Before opening the last door when making way to the red card in the northern area, open the wall to the left which is rather grey than green to find berserk pack inside. (sector 153)
- In the same area as secret#3 but this time open the door and press use on eastern wall which visually differs a bit. Inside, obtain rocket launcher and ammo for it. (sector 183)
- Once you leave or enter the red key room (north), quickly go downstairs and head west to catch the lift lowered. Inside, obtain the soulsphere. (sector 161)
- In the room with the door that leads to the northern part where the red card can be obtained, open either door north or east. In the dark room, press the green button. Note, that all doors will close and a wall containing blur sphere will open. (sector 180) Two monster traps will open. In order to get out, press the switch inside western trap where the demon was to open the closed doors.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 223)
- facing north. (thing 224)
- facing north-east. (thing 225)
- facing south. (thing 226)
- facing east. (thing 227)