E2M5: Shadowgard (Kansam's Trial)
|Kansam's Trial maps|
E2M5: Shadowgard is the fifth map of Kansam's Trial. It was designed by Kansam and DOUG the Eagle and uses the music track " ". It is a big grey rocky castle, full of monsters, secrets and small corridors.
Yes, this map has 25 secrets. It should be nice for a big deathmatch mess. This list uses a first-met logic.
- When you enter the castle from the main door, there are imps in small caches. You can enter these places. The left one (sector 554) is accessible after the inside steps, on the left on the ramp. Go farther and after the door, on the right open the hidden door.
- The right one (sector 437) is accessible from the other side, immediately on the right of the little marble room.
- The third secret (sector 292) is accessible from the same right ramp, but on the left of the marble room. There is a hidden lift on the right of the center door. Go up, follow the corridors, and finally enter from the rear the marble room.
- In the big open air room with sergeants and spectres, there is a greenish wall. Open it, enter the teleporter and you will be teleported (sector 178) in the wooden maze.
- In the wooden church, take the right stairs, behind the altar there is a hidden room (sector 519) with health.
- Take the left stairs, up there find the hidden door to a small room (sector 492) with a teleporter to the wooden maze (upside).
- In the north east tower, between the yellow door and the yellow key, there is a hidden door with a teleporter (sector 664) to the south west tower.
- In the red key room (where imps teleport), hit the center of the library, go down the stairs (sector 422), kill the baron (see the last secret).
- Go back in the red key room, take the left corridor and find the hidden door before the final door. There is a little cache (sector 424) with a view of the church.
- Now secrets in the west part. From the entry room with stairs, enter the left corridor near the first secret with imps. Open the door right of the red key door, you will see a room with small pools. On the left, open the hidden door, hit the switch: it will lower a pool. Go down (sector 577), follow the small corridor to the river. If you go up on one of the two lifts, you will enter some other corridors.
- In the same room with pools, open the hidden door on the right (sector 650), take the lift to kill zombies.
- Back in the corridor, open a crate room with imps, open a crate on the right (sector 599) and teleport. Open the window, peep, and go in the red key room. Beware the switch.
- Back in the entry, open the next door and enter a dining room with zombies. Go on the throne, hit the switch and follow the thin corridor (sector 472) with stuck imps (you can jump outside from here).
- In this corridor, open the red key door on the left (sector 558) and grab the goodies.
- Back in the dining room, on the right of the throne, there is a hidden lift with a teleporter that goes (sector 219) on the north east of the wooden maze.
- In there, open the hidden door on your left (sector 220). Yes, they are empty.
- Back in the dining room, open the north door, follow the corridor and in the brown crate room, climb the south crates, up there go in the south east corner to lower the other crate in front of you. Grab the health vials (sector 181).
- Now go up the lift and enter the wooden maze from upside (sector 165, you can go up there from the maze, there is a trigger line nearby).
- On the west of the library and wooden maze, there is a hidden door before the western stairs. Open it, teleport to the other cache of the church (sector 391), go down the stairs to a secret rocket launcher, peep in the spectre room.
- Back in the maze, up the western stairs, on the right in the gray crate room. Open the hidden door on the right, hit the switch, go up the crate (it lowers the other one), grab the berserk pack (sector 168) and jump out of the castle.
- Back in the stairs, go left and enter the north west tower, on the left of the throne, open the hidden door, up the lift (sector 641) and grab the shotgun.
- Back in the river with the small dock. On the right dock, go the farthest on the right, kill down the pinkies, the open the red doors and hit the switches. The right one opens the bars, the left one opens the prison door. Back down, one of the pinky prisons has a secret door on its left wall (sector 40), go up the lift to the north west tower.
- Back in the little rocky maze, shoot the lights. The left one opens a machine gun cache (sector 79).
- The right one opens a door to a very dark corridor with sergeants (sector 142).
- It is behind the load of lost souls in the river (sector 276), you must open it after the pentagram with the trapped baron (you need the blue key). Grab the soulsphere.
- From the start, go behind the south east tower, hit the red switch and reach up the zombies.
- In the north west tower, you can save ammo by hitting the switch behind the throne and gib the imps.
- Hit the switch (linedef 1208) in the north of the maze to open the bars in the room full of pinkies (kill them before) and ammo, you need also the red key.
- Note that the sector 666 in the north east tower can only be reached from a multiplayer game.
- Enter the last room with the exit switch, back off and return to the south east tower (with nukage) and teleport to the secret exit room.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 21, 2022.
This level contains fourteen spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing east. (thing 6)
- facing east. (thing 7)
- facing south-east. (thing 30)
- facing south. (thing 31)
- facing west. (thing 32)
- facing south. (thing 35)
- facing north. (thing 39)
- facing south. (thing 40)
- facing east. (thing 41)
- facing north-east. (thing 77)
- facing north. (thing 87)
- facing south. (thing 99)