E2M6: Outpost 666 (The Classic Episode)
|The Classic Episode maps|
E2M6: Outpost 666 is the sixth map of The Classic Episode wad. It was created by Jan Van der Veken with Anthony Soto and uses music track "Demons On The Prey".
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Flip the button to release yourself. Enter the door (you can go west in the previous room to obtain shotgun). Head right and proceed straight until there is the room with blue door. Come closer to the blue door, and you will be able to notice a switch to your left. Press this switch to lower a stand with blue keycard.
Backtrack to the beginning where you have met the first door and climb up the stairs. Head right into the niche and grab the blue card. Drop down and open the blue door. Since you enter the new area, cacodemons and baron of Hell can teleport into this area. Go straight and grab the yellow key. The door you have entered will close, so use the yellow one in the west. Go on the stairs and through the blue room proceed south. Do not enter the yellow door but head right into the computer room and flip the switch to open a door in the distance. Backtrack to the nukage area where you have obtained the yellow key and enter the opened door at the east. In the fork room head right and use the lift. Press the switch in the east of the room. Backtrack to the fork room and use the northern way and find that the door is open. Go outside. The door will close. Get the red card. The wall will lower. Use the teleporter. Walk on the bridge, open the red door and flip the switch.
- In the room where the blue door is located, notice a green brick near the wall lamps as you come in. Press use on it a soulsphere inside. (sector 46)
- When you obtain the yellow key in the nukage area, use the yellow door. Step on the last footstep of the staircase to open this secret. Walk on the nukage and take the chaingun in the niche. Head right and walk up on the crates to get a computer area map. In the next room, get various supplies including blur sphere. The wall will lower. Go out of through this will to count this secret. (sector 173)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
Current Compet-n records
The Compet-n records for the map are:
|UV speed||03:07||Radek Pecka||2002-11-23||cl26-307.zip|
|UV max||06:56||Chris Ratcliff (Ryback)||2001-08-20||cl26-656.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 4, 2020.
Current DSDA records
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||2:45.06||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2022-12-09||cl26-245.zip||Plays back with class_ep v1.0|
|UV max||5:38.09||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2022-10-30||cl26-538.zip||Plays back with class_ep v1.0|
|UV -fast||7:40.86||Jim Leonard (Xit Vono)||2022-12-15||cf26-740.zip||Plays back with class_ep v1.0|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 18, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 5)
- facing west. (thing 6)
- facing south-east. (thing 60)
- facing south-west. (thing 219)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
- The level shares the same map name and start room of E1M5 in Dawn of the Dead which is an episode replacement made by Jan Van der Veken in 1997. Jan never completed the level so he left a placeholder room in DOAD's beta 2 build that eventually became the final version on the idgames archive.
- To create the lost replacement of "Outpost 666", Jan created most of the new layout. Anthony Soto added the rooms after the yellow key doors and refined the map's overall gameplay.
- The level was originally released as a standalone WAD titled Doom Classic 6: Dawn of the Dead revisited - Outpost 666. It was uploaded by Anthony to the idgames archive in September 2000.
- The Classic Episode's modified version makes several changes to classic6.wad:
- Add health
- Swap radiation suit with a soulsphere
- Add bullet clip and rocket ammo
- Layout changes to the red key area
- Remove shotgun guys from the outdoor area
- Move deathmatch starts inside the build
- Don't allow traveling outside
- Restructured layout behind the yellow key doors
- Remove shotgun guys that sniped through a window near the green armor
- Improve deathmatch support
- Additional unspecified changes labelled "miscellaneous"
- E2M6 demos from the Compet-n database: UV speed • NM speed • UV max • NM100S • UV -fast • UV -respawn • UV Tyson • UV pacifist
- The Classic Episode demos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- classic6.wad at Doomworld/idgames
- classic6.wad Review (5/5) at Doom Underground