E2M6: Poison Control (No End In Sight)
|No End In Sight maps|
|1994 Ways To Die|
The Depths of Doom
|Blood Stained Earth|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Cross the bridge in front of you, turn left and go down the steps to kill a zombieman then turn left again and go down a staircase to a door. Open the door and kill the imps and zombiemen waiting behind it then go north through another door to a Y-shaped walkway over nukage that is overlooked by more imps and some other enemies. Head north-east to a silver door and go through it to a cross-shaped intersection, then head due north to two lifts guarded by a demon and ride either lift up to a small octagon-shaped passage. Use another lift at the north side of this passage to reach the top floor then go through a UAC door to reach a larger room containing the blue keycard and several monsters. When you go down the steps to the key, two closets containing zombies, imps and lost souls will open behind you.
Backtrack to the Y-shaped walkway and head north-west to two doors, then go through the left-hand door (which has blue lights and requires the blue key) and follow the passage to another cross-shaped intersection. Take the south path to a lift and ride it up to a room with imps and demons, then head south through another door and run across a walkway to a chamber with two demons (or a cacodemon on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher). Head east and drop down a hole to a room with an S-shaped walkway, then go north to a blue-floored passage containing a demon and press the switch behind it to lower a nearby lift, which you can ride up to the yellow keycard.
You now need to retrace your steps to the cross-shaped intersection on the west side of the level, but several monster closets have opened along your route - after returning to the S-shaped walkway use the teleporter in the south-east corner to return to the top of the hole you dropped down later, then head north back across the walkway and watch out for two walls that lower on either side to reveal enemies along with armor and a radiation shielding suit. Back at the intersection, head through the north door to find a chaingun then walk through the narrow doorway behind it and turn left to find a staircase leading down to a dark walkway. Follow the walkway all the way round until you reach a small gray button, which you can press to raise a bridge over the large nukage pool to the south. Backtrack to where you found the chaingun and head through the west door, then head north through another door requiring the yellow key, cross the bridge you just raised and open the door on the other side to find a cacodemon guarding the exit switch.
Other points of interest
As soon as the level starts, cross the bridge and turn right to see a chaingun. When you approach the weapon, the wall behind it will lower to reveal a cacodemon.
A shotgun can be found south-west of the Y-shaped walkway. Taking it will open a closet to the north with imps and demons.
From the cross-shaped intersection on the east side of the level, go through the east door and follow the passage round to a switch that will lower a nearby lift. Ride the lift up and turn right to go through a small door leading to a maze with health bonuses, armor bonuses and a chainsaw, as well as a switch - flip this switch then leave the maze to find that a bridge has risen over the nukage pit to the south. Cross the bridge then turn left and run past three crushing ceilings to reach a plasma gun.
- When descending the steps north of the starting point, just before the brown door, open the brown wall in the south-east corner to find shotgun shells, a box of bullets and some health and armor bonuses. (sector 55)
- In between the two crossroads at the center of the map, go north into a room with green vines on the walls, then open the door you see. The next hall has two computer terminals. Press on the terminal at the left end to find two stimpacks and an armor. (sector 243)
- Press on the northern wall in secret #2 to get a berserk pack. (sector 414)
- The dark blinking maze on the east side of the level has a secret wall on its west side, which is light-gray rather than tan in color. Find this wall and lower it to get a megaarmor. (sector 368)
- When you pick up the plasma gun, two closets open up to the sides. Enter the closet to the south and open the wall in the south-west corner. The next room has two stimpacks and a backpack, but be quick as the ground around here is damaging. (sector 189)
- Inside the room with the S-shaped walkway just before the yellow key, get to the south end of the walkway and around the left side of the southwestern-most column. A hidden switch is here, so press it, then head to the lift switch in the north-west of the room. After taking the lift up, there should be another switch dead ahead. Hit it to reveal a new passage appears near the yellow key, which will lead to a supercharge. (sector 50)
- At the intersection of the map on the west side, go north into a four-way intersection which has a chaingun. If you look south-east, a cage holds a megaarmor and some shotgun guys. Walking north from this intersection, a lift will lower once you hit the step. Quickly run back into the previous intersection to the south, and quickly run east and north through the opening, where you can then get the megaarmor. (sector 339)
In secret 7, it is possible to be trapped because the switch is one time only and there are no other ways in or out of said area.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 4)
- facing north. (thing 5)
- facing north. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)