E2M6: Rend of Misery (Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes)
|DtWiD: The Lost Episodes maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead
The Shores of Hell
|Thy Flesh Consumed
|The Final Gate
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Follow the steps down until you reach one or two shotgun guys, then go through the door behind them and turn left to see a cacodemon (or baron of Hell on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill levels) guarding a skull switch. Press the switch then go back through the door, where the east wall has lowered to reveal a second door as well as a zombiemen, then go through this second door and head round the corner to a room with a yellow key door - remember this door as it leads to the exit. Leave the room through the south doorway and turn right to see some lost souls, then push past them to reach a large nukage pool. Cross the nukage pool to reach the large doors at the north-west end, go through either door then head east down some steps to enter a cement hallway, then follow the hallway north-east until you enter a dark vine-covered room. Leave the room through the southern doorway and walk east to a door, open it and drop down the hole behind it to face some imps and shotgun guys. Follow the path north and west to a room with more imps, then follow a trail of health and armor bonuses south-west to a doorway guarded by a lost soul/cacodemon. Go through the doorway to face two spectres, then flip the switch on the back wall to lower the lift holding the blue keycard.
Ride the lift that held the blue key up, then step through the south window to return to an earlier area with blue doors. Open the west door and kill some waiting shotgun guys, then enter the northern hallway and follow it round a corner to find a cacodemon guarding a switch. Flip the switch to raise a staircase, climb it then go north-west into the next room to find a baron guarding a skull switch. Press the switch, then leave the room and enter the teleporter that has opened to return to the bottom floor, where the pentagram wall has lowered to reveal a button. Press the button to raise a curved staircase just behind you, climb it to the top and press the skull switch on the west wall, then drop to the floor below and enter the neighboring room to the south - the switch you just pressed has raised a lift in the south-west corner. Activate the lift and ride it up, then head down a circular staircase to some lost souls who are guarding a button and a door. Press the button, then open the door to find yourself back at the nukage pool where bridges have risen and the yellow keycard has lowered. Take the key then return to the yellow door and open it, before heading east to the exit door and the switch behind it.
Other points of interest
Enter the tunnel south-east of the yellow door to find a chaingun.
- Head south from the yellow door and use the wall with blood on it to get a berserk pack. (sector 333)
- Head towards the chainsaw at the south end of the long hall in the center of the map to hear a door open. Backtrack a bit to find a darker hall with two medikits and a light that shines on the west wall. Open that wall to find a light amplification visor and an energy cell. (sector 300)
- At the north-east end of the map is a switch that raises steps to the south. Do not flip the switch yet. Instead, head to the east hall and you will see a crusher coming down. When it does, go back and flip the switch, then go back to the hall with the crusher and run past it (making sure not to get caught under it). If you do it right and fast enough, you should be on a rising platform, which takes you to the red key, a medikit and a box of bullets. (sector 151)
- From the north-east end of the map, head west and when the hall goes south-west, open the west wall to find a box of rockets and a red door. (sector 131)
- If you have the red key from secret #3, open the red door in secret #4 to access the supercharge to the west. (sector 127)
- At the north-west end of the map, open the red door and use the switch at the end of the hall. You will see a plasma gun lower. Head back and use the skull switch at the north-west end if you have not done so already, then backtrack to the room with the eye in the middle. Use the switch to raise steps at the west end, then use the skull switch at the top. Back at the room with the eye, head south and south-west, using the lift to go up. You can now access the plasma gun. (sector 225)
- Approach the exit door to hear a lift lower. Go to the west side of the hall and drop down. Head north and if you have the red key, you can access a computer area map. (sector 186)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 7, 2021.