E2M6: Terror Cube (ZPack)
|The Remains of UAC|
Descent to Darkness
This level occupies the map slot E2M6. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E2M6.
The level includes one extra custom item, a teleporter battery.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- After getting the blue key, return to the staircase hub and use the northeast switch to make the stairs spiral to the north door, then open it. In the next hall, head to the bright room noticing the slabs on the wall. One of them has a lion instead of a satyr on it. Press it to reveal health bonuses and a megaarmor. (sector 1637)
- Use the red pillar to teleport to the Hell area, then go to the western side. In the valley area where you can go north or west, go north, stopping at the first step and turning right towards the wooden wall. Press on the wall that does not have a lion emblem on it to get lots of backpacks. (sector 1646)
- Use the green pillar to teleport to the base area with former humans. Head behind the cube and climb onto the crates behind it. Jump to the crates going south until you are onto the crate in the southeast corner. Press on the wall here to open a secret area with two health bonuses and a message saying "Thanks for playing the map! (break) - Zippy". (sector 4277)
- In the hall outside of the reactor room, press on the west wall for it to move back. Behind it is an invulnerability. (sector 4886)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.