E2M9: Arena of Punishment (Slaughter Until Death)
|Slaughter Until Death maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Other points of interest
- In the very beginning of the level open either door in front of you. Open a wooden door. To you left or right shoot the gargoyle wall. Take the chainsaw. (sector 25)
- In the small outside area with pipe walls not far from the beginning of the level, the floor is lowered once you enter that area. As you enter there are two doors in front of you one of which requires the red key. Open a wooden wall to the south to enter an ash rock tunnel. (sector 47) In the end of the tunnel open the wall. Grab a Box of rockets.
- Behind the red door (where the blue key is located) enter the green marble room. Walk around the crucifix-shaped stand with the key and open door to enter another room with blue torches. Open the western door there. Open the light in front of you then grab a backpack, a box of shells and four helmets. (sector 102)
- In the western portion of the map where a large wooden hall with several pentagrams is located there is a steel wall nearby with demon depicted on it (which resembles one from wolf3d). In that room where it is situated open a metallic wall as you enter the room. In a small closet you find a huge number of stimpacks if you play on high skill levels (sector 169), unfortunately if you play on the other skill levels you will find nothing in that room.
- In the very south part of the map the dark area with many alcoves is found. All alcoves are dark there, and a light near the entrance makes a exception. From that light make step to the south for a one alcove. Now enter a western alcove and open wall. Here (sector 218) you take a soulsphere on the hard skill levels and encounter a shotgun guy on all skill levels.
- In the same area where secret number 5 is, go to the center where roads are intersected. Then go to the south-west and when you reach a second pair of alcoves turn right to face the long alcove and open it. In that room are five ammo clips, four stimpacks and six former humans found. (sector 228) On the easy skill levels you will find nothing but three green torches.
- In the beginning of the level behind the red door fall down to the slime pit then turn left and go forth through the tunnel until you approach a metallic wall. Open the wall. Take two stimpacks and a box of shells then open a northeast marble wall. Inside are a demon and a soulsphere. (sector 249)
- Behind the red door that is located in the beginning of the level go towards the very end where the skull button and a rocket are located. There are three slime pits. Fall down to the northernmost one and open a metallic wall in the east. Then get to the teleport in the narrow corridor. You will be teleported in the large area in the form of the pentagram. (sector 272) There are a lot of medikits, stimpacks, ammo and monsters. In order to get out of this room open the door to the south-west then through the tunnel use the teleport.
- The round sector of the pentagram in the secret#8 (sector 285) is counted as secret in the stats screen.
- The tunnel leading towards the teleport of the secret#8 (sector 301) is counted as secret in the stats screen.
The rockets in the secret pentagram cannot be grabbed.
100% kills is not possible on this map as there are 2 demons in the outside area to the west which are deaf and cannot see the player, so never move and cannot be killed.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||19:43||Mike Toliver||2001-06-30||sudticmt.zip|
|UV -fast||9:28||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2003-04-15||sudtic_na.zip|
This level contains fifteen spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 2)
- facing west. (thing 3)
- facing west. (thing 4)
- facing west. (thing 5)
- facing west. (thing 6)
- facing west. (thing 380)
- facing west. (thing 381)
- facing west. (thing 382)
- facing west. (thing 383)
- facing west. (thing 384)
- facing west. (thing 385)
- facing west. (thing 386)
- facing west. (thing 387)
- facing west. (thing 388)
- facing west. (thing 389)