E2M9: Petersen Station (Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes)
|DtWiD: The Lost Episodes maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead
The Shores of Hell
|Thy Flesh Consumed
|The Final Gate
E2M9: Petersen Station is the ninth and secret map of episode The Shores of Hell in Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes. It was designed by Walter Confalonieri (daimon), and uses the music track "The End of DOOM" by Robert Prince.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Enter the passage in front of you and use the teleporter at the end to go to a room with zombiemen and shotgun guys. Go into the nukage ahead and follow it round to the next room, then go through the west doorway to enter a hallway with nukage trenches and zombiemen. Go through the doorway halfway along this passage to enter a courtyard with imps and shotgun guys, then follow the path to the north-east corner to enter a brightly-lit corridor with a door at the end. Go through the door and kill the zombiemen and lost souls waiting in the next room, then go up the southern steps to face shotgun guys and a baron of Hell before continuing west and north into a vine-covered room. Go up the steps on the west side of the room, kill some imps then press the button on the north wall to lower a teleporter behind you. Use the teleporter to return to the courtyard, go through the doorway ahead of you and turn right to kill a demon, then open the metal wall behind it to find the yellow keycard.
Go back to the courtyard and pass through the western doorway to go back to the nukage trenches, then walk south until you reach a nukage pit - if you walk south then east you will raise a bridge over the nukage that lets you safely reach a yellow door. Open the door and flip the switch behind it to lower a lift, then ride it up to a corridor (a barrier will close behind you) and head straight forwards to some shotgun guys. Continue north past some more zombies to a room with flashing blue tiles, then step over these tiles (do not stand on them as they are highly damaging) to find the blue keycard. Now go back into the previous room, where the south wall between the computer terminals has lowered to reveal a button, then press this button to lower the barrier blocking the lift you used earlier. Go back down to the courtyard and open the blue door in the north-east corner, then walk north across some nukage to a set of steps leading up to the red keycard - taking it opens monster closets containing one or two imps, as well as another closet in the nukage with one or two cacodemons.
Go back to the vine-covered room and open the red door at the north end, kill some shotgun guys then go up the west staircase to enter a room with a chaingun. Continue north and east into the next room, then north down a staircase to face some more shotgun guys. Go through the door at the east end of the room to enter a curved hallway, then follow it round to find one or two demons guarding the exit door, which has the final button directly behind it.
Other points of interest
After going through the red door, you may notice a megaarmor on a pillar to your right. The megaarmor can be reached with a running jump, but if you go to the north end of this area you will find a button in an alcove; the button raises the nukage around the megaarmor, making it easy to reach.
- Before using the teleporter in the starting room, use the wall with slime to find a shotgun. (sector 136)
- Picking up the shotgun in secret #1 opens a passage of armor bonuses behind you. (sector 238)
- After teleporting from the starting room, use the wall with the poison sign behind you to get a light amplification visor. (sector 261)
- Go to the next room and use the wall with the face to find an armor. (sector 235)
- Grabbing the red key reveals two closets with an imp or two guarding health bonuses. (sector 241)
- See secret #5. (sector 244)
- In the east closet, open the south wall to reach a room with two imps. (sector 253)
- Go to the south-east corner of this room, then leave through the door on the left side quickly. Enter the closet that had the cacodemon (two on Ultra-Violence or Nightmare) and pick up the supercharge before it rises. (sector 256)
- In the curvy hall at the north end of the map, enter the middle hall with the lost soul and use the switch to open up the outer wall of the curvy hall. Imps guard a box of bullets here. (sector 202)
- Head south from the exit door and a teleporter will lower. Enter it to reach a room with a lost soul. (sector 248) On multiplayer, this secret contains a plasma gun.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 7, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 42)
- facing south. (thing 43)
- facing south. (thing 44)
- facing north. (thing 45)
Inspiration and development
- The starting area, along with secret #1 is similar to the starting point for E2M4: Deimos Lab.
- The columned room near the center of the map is reminiscent of the starting area from E2M7: Spawning Vats.
- The corridor north of the baron's room is similar to the gray corridors near the center of E2M6: Halls of the Damned.
- The yellow key room is reminiscent of the hidden chainsaw from Halls of the Damned.
- Secret #10 is based on the teleporter at the start of E2M1: Deimos Anomaly.
- The exit area is similar to the final room from E2M3: Refinery.