E3M1: Out of Control (The Evil Unleashed)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
|The Evil Unleashed maps|
This level occupies the map slot E3M1. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M1.
E3M1: Out of Control is the first map of The Evil Unleashed. It was designed by Denis Möller, then known as Panza.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the L-shaped bend of the nukage river near the first lift, open the wall directly opposite of the lift to find a radiation suit. (sector 241)
- Near the red key, there is a wall with an inverted cross. Shoot the inverted cross and a door opens up directly behind the red key (assuming you have not picked it up yet). In here is a soul sphere. Look out for the cacodemon behind the inverted cross upon picking it up. (sector 29)
- At the northern end of the large nukage river, you can spot a wall with bullet holes on it. Press it to open a compartment with a medikit and a switch which lowers a nearby bridge out of the river. (sector 112)
- Open the blue door and press the switch. This lowers the walls around the switch, but also a wall just outside the blue door. The hall here leads to some imps and a lion switch. The switch actually does not do anything, but approaching it triggers a crusher in the adjacent room, which kills the demons there if they have not been killed already. (sector 232)
- Cross the nukage river to the west and head down the stairs. To your left are some former humans and a small nukage canal. Press on the wall with nukage pouring out to receive a chaingun. (sector 268)
- You can jump over the acid river in order not to lower the bridge (sector #58). Be careful, if you jump down in the left acid river (sector #56), you will be trapped.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 219)
- facing north. (thing 220)
- facing north. (thing 221)
- facing west. (thing 222)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: