E3M3: The Confessor (The Edge of Time)
|The Edge of Time maps|
|E1 - Jungle Fever|
|E2 - Not Egypt Again!|
E3 - Armies of Darkness
E3M3: The Confessor is the third map in the Armies of Darkness episode of The Edge of Time. It was designed by FireSeraphim and uses the music track "Suspense Reprise" by Rich Nagel (Weeds), originally from Eternal Doom.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the curved staircase leading to the big field, open a wall to the west to get Blade Power. (sector 76)
- At the blue key, jump south over the wall and you can find boxes of bullets, boxes of nails, a megacharge, and special ops. armor. (sector 475)
- At the long path surrounding the main field, jump over the wall and down at the inner corner to find Frost Ovums and a doom sphere. (sector 485)
- In a small room with five Fléchettes, go through the wall south of them to get a heavy chaingun and boxes of bullets. (sector 736)
- At the southeast room, crouch at the southwest corner to find crowns and a Moai head trophy. (sector 770)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on March 21, 2022.
Inspiration and development
This level was one of two maps that were originally going to be E3M1 but was moved to the E3M3 slot due to it not "feeling quite right" for an episode starting map.
- "The Confessor" is a minor reference to the historical English king Edward the Confessor.