E3M3: Villa Chex (Chex Quest 3)
|Chex Quest 3 maps|
|Episode 1: Rescue on Bazoik|
|Episode 2: Terror in Chex City|
Episode 3: Invasion!
E3M3: Villa Chex is the third map in the Invasion! episode of Chex Quest 3. It was designed by Charles Jacobi and uses the music track "Villa" by Andrew Benon. The par time is 6:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
|This article or section is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
Go into the alleyway, go to the gates in the far end of it, open left door, go upstairs and up the hallway, open door, flip a switch, quickly go through the pre-previous door, open door behind it, jump off the balcony and take the blue key. Open door, open another door, open blue door, open door, open another door, go into fence maze, head right, head left, head right-forward, take yellow key. Get out of the hedge maze, open yellow door, open another door, open another door, open left door, go downstairs, flip switch, quickly backtrack to the top of the stairs and take the red key. Get back downstairs and open the red door, jump down the drain, go through the slime tunnels and open door, zorch the flembomination down to open door, go through the open door and advance upstairs.
Other points of interest
- To the right of the hedge maze there's a vent opening that leads to a switch that reveals a slimeproof suit (sector 347) that you can only access before going across the slime tunnels that lead to the flembomination.
- Behind the yellow door, to the left, the painting to the right can be opened to lead to a LAZ device and a phasing zorcher pack. (sector 169)
- The first secret's vent opening is bleeding from the ceiling from the inside.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on February 3, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 274)
- facing south-east. (thing 275)
- facing north-west. (thing 276)
- facing south-west. (thing 277)
- facing north-west. (thing 278)
- facing south. (thing 279)
- facing north-west. (thing 280)
- facing south-west. (thing 281)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
You can't get out of the sewers once you fall inside.
Inspiration and development
- This is the first map in the game to have zorch propulsor recharge, despite the sprites existing since the 1996 version of Chex Quest.
- The picture that leads to the laz device is a chex parody of a drawing by Leonardo da Vinci called Vitruvian Man.