E3M4: Tartarus (Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes)
|DtWiD: The Lost Episodes maps|
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
|The Final Gate|
This level occupies the map slot E3M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M4.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the southwest room, open the misaligned part of the west wall to find a chaingun and a box of ammo. (sector 74)
- In the northern lava section, get a radiation suit and use the wall to the northwest, which leads to a rocket launcher.(sector 58)
- In the northern lava section, climb the east steps and head north. When you see a corpse, open the wall where it is to find a green armor and two stimpacks. Note that the actual sector cannot be registered due to being too thin and with a small floor change. (sector 39)
- Take the southwest path in the blood room with the red pillar. At the end, flip the switch on the east side to lower the block with the berserk pack and megaarmor. (sector 55)
- In the blood room with the red pillar, open the northeast wall to reach the secret. You can also jump into the lava to the left of the bridge leading to the blue key and head west to reach the wall that has the secret. (sector 121)
Since Secret #3 is impossible to actually trigger, only 80% secrets is possible on this map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 7, 2021.