E3M4 (Base Ganymede)
|Base Ganymede maps|
This level occupies the map slot E3M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M4.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the southwestern stairs in the eastern outdoor part of the map, look slightly to the east to spot a button to shoot. Shoot it, then head for the building in the northeast and enter it through the left door. Go all the way to the end to reach the soul sphere. (sector 144)
- Head for the northeastern room in the blue key area and on the right side are three alcoves with blue walls at the back of each alcove. Press on the leftmost alcove to lower it and retrieve a medikit. (sector 487)
- A teleport destination (Thing 207) is only flagged for Ultra-Violence or higher, meaning a baron of Hell will not teleport into the map on lower skill settings.
- A teleport destination (Thing 205) is only flagged for Hurt Me Plenty or higher. This is the destination of the teleporter in the hallway northwest of the central room with the yellow key door, teleporting you back to the southern ledge. If you didn't take the other keys before going to the the blue key path, you will be stuck, as you need the three keys to open the exit, and the teleporter is the only way to go back to the ledge. Also, if you step on the teleporter, the adjacent ceiling is too low to allow you to step outside of it, so you will be stuck on the teleport pad.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.