E3M5: Evil Comp (Back to Hell)
|Back to Hell maps|
E3M5: Evil Comp is the fifth map of Back to Hell. It was designed by David Seager.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- Head east and south immediately at the start - ahead will be a green-textured wall, which is a secret door leading to a stimpack and 8 shotgun shells. (sector 354)
- In the west of #1 is another section of green-textured wall, which is a secret door leading to 8 shotgun shells and an armor. (sector 356)
- After going through the door ahead of you at the start, head towards the lit sector on the right. The short red firestick is lighting a computer screen, which on pressing lowers a wall to the west of the demon trap, allowing access to a chaingun and a box of bullets. (sector 36)
- In the south-west is a lift leading to a corridor that ultimately leads to a switch. While the lift is lowered, it is possible to walk through the west wall, revealing a box of shotgun shells. (sector 261)
- The room just before the lift near #4 has an armor on top of a crate staircase. Jump down from the armor - there is a switch here opening up a door back to normal territory. The door sector counts as secret - however, it is too narrow to receive credit for. (sector 399)
- In the north-west is a room with several diagonal crossing light beams. There is a secret door in the west of this room leading to a rocket launcher and three boxes of rockets. (sector 283)
- The west wall of #6 is a secret door leading to a room containing a switch which was shot earlier. (sector 386)
- The room containing the diagonal beams has a room to the south containing a stimpack. This room has a secret door to the east leading to a plasma rifle. (sector 289)
- Just before the exit door, there is a secret door to the north leading to a room with four inaccessible energy cell packs. (sector 359)
As it is impossible to receive credit for secret #5, the maximum achievable secret percentage on this level is 88%.
The only item on this map that counts towards the items percentage is the berserk by the exit (the room is a preview of the start of the next map). As the berserk and other items lie beyond the exit line, the berserk is unobtainable, thus the maximum achievable items percentage on this level is 0%.
Near the red key is a shotgun whose platform has four sides, each of which is a W1 linedef closing the entrance door to this room. The switch by the red key (linedef 1038) has a S1 action, thus can only be used once to open up the exit door. This means that if, after pressing this switch, you return to the shotgun platform, you could end up trapped.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 8, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 130)
- facing north. (thing 131)
- facing south. (thing 132)
- facing east. (thing 133)