E3M7: Blackrock (ZPack)
|The Remains of UAC|
|Descent to Darkness|
This level occupies the map slot E3M7. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M7.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
E3M7: Blackrock (M_VAD01.wad) is the seventh map in the Armageddon episode of ZPack. It was designed by Björn Ostmann (Vader) and uses the music track "The Depths", composed by Simon Judd (sirjuddington). The par time defined in MAPINFO is 20:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the first outside area, take the door to the south. Follow the path through the revenants until you can turn right. In this corner are two emblems on the walls. Press on the left one and it will turn red. Now head north and up the steps. At the curve, the inner wall will open, revealing backpacks and a soulsphere. Grabbing the soulsphere triggers the secret. (thing 157 via thing 187, ZDoom's "secret trigger" actor)
- Outside at the southeast portion of the main area, head around the outside of the staircase and to the west, behind the building. A baron of Hell is guarding boxes of rockets and a rocket launcher. Grabbing the rocket launcher triggers the secret. (thing 196 via thing 192)
- In the first outside area, take the northwest cave going north, then east as much as you can to the lion switch that opens the gate below. Now go through the open gate and face the medikit and energy cells. Look up and shoot at the face, which will cause an arch-vile and a soulsphere to spawn in. Grabbing the soulsphere triggers the secret. (thing 207 via thing 221)
- Head towards the exit lift, which is at the western end of the map. Instead of entering the lift building, move around it. There will be a switch on the backside of the building (linedef 10837 via thing 329), which will cause mancubi to spawn in as well as reveal a plasma gun and an energy cell pack in front of the exit lift.
- In the first outside area, take the northwest cave going west a bit, then fall into the hole. In the blood, go to the left nook opposite of where the Hell knight is located and submerge into the blood, then go under and resurface again to find an energy cell, a berserk pack, and an energy cell pack. (sector 1867)
- In the central part of the map, there is a skull emblem on the west wall. If you submerge into the blood under it, there is a lion switch, which will lower the skull emblem and reveal a computer area map. (sector 1945)
- When you open the gate mentioned in Secret #3, keep going into the next castle. Turn right and notice the emblem on the south wall. Press on it to find armor bonuses and a berserk pack. (sector 3630)
- At the northeast cave of the map, where the large column overlooks the gap, shimmy alongside the outer right wall and fall down. There will be a cave with health bonuses and an energy cell pack inside. The switch here will activate several other switches in the level. (sector 5075)
- At the northwest end of the main area, enter the courtyard with health bonuses around an obelisk and take the southwest door. Climb the steps up and press the lion face at the end, allowing you to reach a box of rockets, stimpacks, and an invulnerability. (sector 5491)
- At the northwest end of the main area, head eastward and northeastward into the blood. There will be a small passage underneath the blood that will take you to a teleporter. This will take you to a cave with an arch-vile guarding medikits, boxes of rockets, and a box of shotgun shells. (sector 6422)
- After using the switch in Secret #8, return to the lift that had three switches in front of it, which is on the way to the lift that leads to the blue key. Press the left switch, the right switch, and the middle switch in that order to lower the lift. In the underground room that follows, there is a letter puzzle. The eye in the back tells you to "Say my name!", which refers to the letters VADER. Make sure to step onto the correct letters and press use, otherwise some projectiles will spew into the room. If you do the puzzle correctly, a secret room near the lift opens up, revealing a backpack, ammo, a megasphere, and the BFG9000. (sector 8683)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: