E3M7: The Chasm (Heretic)
(Redirected from E3M7: The Chasm)
|City of the Damned|
|The Stagnant Demesne|
|Fate's Path (deathmatch only levels)|
This level occupies the map slot E3M7. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E3M7.
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
- Once you have entered the two first wooden doors, you will come to the yellow door. Opposite it, there is a picture of two horsemen. Press the wall to reveal a mosaic room with a varying amount of weredragons. Hit the switch to open the western disciple wall and enter the revealed teleporter. You will end up in a small room with an Energy Orb and a sabreclaw. Press the switch to make a new teleporter available and use it. The teleporter will take you to a room that is similar but holds a Dragon Claw instead. Activate one more switch and enter the teleporter to return to the mosaic room. (sector 21)
- The chamber of the maulotaur holds a teleporter on both its western and eastern side. Step on the western one to end up on a ledge in the previous room. Hit the switch there and return to the chamber to see that a pillar with a Quartz Flask has lowered. Take the flask, and the horseman picture will open revealing a room with a Hellstaff and a varying amount of disciples. (sector 147)
- By using the eastern teleporter in the chamber, you will eventually get to the green key. You can notice that the southern wall in the key room is misaligned. Press it to discover a bright area with many timebombs. (sector 160)
- After entering the green door, you will descend to an underground area. The center part there has water and hanging moss. Around the center, there is a small network of cave passages. When you enter the passage with stalactites and reach the end of its U-turn, you will find an illuminated section. Press the wall opposite the decorative torch to find a room with a Phoenix Rod. (sector 173)
- Follow the stairs next to the previous secret to find an outdoor area. There is a bridge above a lake of sludge. To make things worse, there is a strong west wind. While you cross the bridge southward, you need to compensate the wind by running to the southeast. Straferunning is more effective but not necessary. At the other end, you will find the blue key along with the Wings of Wrath. Activate the wings and travel to the western end of the sludge lake. There is a ledge that leads to the iron lich room of the western side. Collect the set of ammunition there. You may want to return via the teleporter at the bottom of the sludge lake, as it holds a Shadowsphere. (sector 192)
- The eastern end of the lake has a similar ledge. It is connected to the second iron lich room that has a lot of ammunition as well. However, when you enter the area, a room with two ophidians and a varying amount of Mace Spheres will be exposed about halfway the corridor. (sector 205)
- If you fire a shot after stepping into the blue key room, you will wake four sabreclaws back at the underground area. When you return there, get rid of the enemies and start exploring the zone. A door has opened on the southeastern wall of the water area. Beyond, there is an area that holds a Mystic Urn. (sector 203)
- A second door has opened on the western wall. There is a Map Scroll in a room. (sector 178)
- A third door has opened in the eastern cave passage. A Tome of Power can be found in the exposed area. (sector 200)
- Finally, a fourth door has opened near the staircase of the green door. There is a Chaos Device in a room. (sector 162)
- Linedefs 84, 89, 143 and 154-160 of the underground area all miss upper textures because they have been set on the wrong side. The ten wall sections are 16 map units high, and the ceiling flats of the adjacent sectors leak over them.
Areas / screenshots
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 4)
- facing south. (thing 644)
- facing east. (thing 645)
- facing west. (thing 646)