E4M3: Square Zero (No End In Sight)
|No End In Sight maps|
|1994 Ways To Die|
|The Depths of Doom|
Blood Stained Earth
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Head straight forward to collect a shotgun sitting on a triangular step then head north to an area with three locked doors around a structure with pillars. Continue heading north until you see a staircase on your left going north-west and climb it, then look right to see a chaingun and some lost souls next to another staircase. Climb this staircase and follow the passage at the top to the red skull key.
Return to the area with three locked doors and go through the red (south-east) door then turn right to see a switch behind two lost souls. Flip the switch then return to the bottom of the staircase that led to the red key; look north-east to see that a set of red skull bars have lowered allowing you to reach two more staircases. Climb the east staircase and follow the path to another set of steps - when you reach the top, turn round to see a ledge with armor bonuses and follow it north until you drop into a pit with a spectre. Press the button on the east wall to lower a pillar in the pool of water here, letting you reach the blue skull key.
Kill the monsters that teleport on to the stairs leading out of the pit, then go back to the area with three locked doors and head through the blue (north) door. Follow the passage until you find a switch near a baron of Hell, flip the switch to raise a set of steps and follow them up to an exit door, go through and step on the patch of sky to finish the level.
Other points of interest
After collecting the yellow skull key from secret #1, go to the area with three locked doors and head through the yellow (west) door. Flip the switch in this room to reveal a teleporter behind you, then step into it to be sent to the south-east corner of the level where a column has lowered to reveal a cyberdemon guarding a plasma gun.
After taking the red key, go down the steps leading to it and head south-west to find another red door leading to a wooden room. There is a staircase on the west side of this room leading to an exit door, but when you press the switch behind it the lights will darken and you will have to fight your way out.
- Just east of where the red key is, open the brown wall to get the yellow key. (sector 170)
- Go through the yellow key door then turn left to see a poison sign. Open it to find a partial invisibility. (sector 177)
- Use the switch just north from where the red key is located, then go onto the ridge that dropped. Quickly run back north and east down the steps and towards the closed-off alley in the north-east, where there will be a lowered lift. Ride it up to appear in a yard around the supercharge. To reach it, there is a switch on one of the pillars, which lowers another nearby ridge and the supercharge pillar. (sector 224)
- From the platform with three gardens, you can jump south-west to the window with a megaarmor. (sector 269)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:56.51||vdgg||2019-03-26||n4e3p056.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.