E4M5: They Will Repent (Wonderful Doom)
|Wonderful Doom maps|
|Knee-Deep in the Dead|
|The Shores of Hell|
Thy Flesh Consumed
This level occupies the map slot E4M5. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E4M5.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Press the wall in front of you (east) at the starting area to get shotgun shells, a shotgun, and partial invisibility. (sector 205)
- At the southeastern part of the map, follow the blood river south and west, shoot the barrels, then use the teleporter. This will take you to the northeastern ledge with a plasma gun and an energy cell. (sector 80)
- In the central area with the curved bridge, descend the steps to the south of that bridge and you will hear something lowering. Run east across the blood to the area underneath the tunnel and ride the lift up. (sector 241) At the end, you will find two boxes of rockets.
- In the room with the large brown lift (northeastern part of the map), approaching the lift will lower the southeastern column, which contains a berserk pack. (sector 42)
- Ride up the big brown lift mentioned earlier and go north to the pillar with the beating heart. Press the wall with the lion face behind that pillar to find health bonuses, armor bonuses, and a box of ammo. (sector 231) The switch here lowers a lift to the blue key.
- Head across the platforms south of the blue key and take the lift down. Jump into the blood at the northwestern part of the area and press the satyr switch to reveal a teleporter. Use it to take you to a BFG9000. (sector 233)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 11)
- facing west. (thing 12)
- facing west. (thing 13)
- facing east. (thing 14)
- facing east. (thing 15)
- facing south. (thing 16)
- facing west. (thing 17)