E5M6: Disposal Area (Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes)
|DtWiD: The Lost Episodes maps
|Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell
|Thy Flesh Consumed
|The Final Gate
E5M6: Disposal Area is the sixth map of the Base Instinct episode in Doom the Way id Did: The Lost Episodes. It was designed by Michael Fraize (Marcaek) and uses the music track "Intermission from DOOM". The par time defined in MAPINFO is 3:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Cross the bridge in front of you to reach a square room, then head north past some shotgun guys and imps to a small door and open it to enter a tan room. Enter the hallway on the west side and go straight forward to a T-junction, take the south path then open the east (left-hand) door and step around the brick column in front of you to find a demon protecting the blue keycard. Take the key then return to the T-junction and go west until you reach a room with a blue door, go through it to enter a room with a blood pool and crushers then enter the corridor on the east side of the room to get to a blood river. The blood is damaging, so go through the opening in the east wall then run north-east until you reach a radiation shielding suit guarded by a cacodemon, then head due north until you reach an alcove with the red keycard. Taking the red key will open the door behind it, revealing one to three cacodemons and a rocket launcher.
Go back to the room where you first entered the blood river, then open the red door in the south-east corner and follow the hallway until you reach two openings in the east wall. Go through either opening and kill any zombies waiting in the next room, then step on either teleporter in the north-east corner to reach the neighboring room to the east. Head east over a nukage pool then look north to see two rows of teleporter pads, then step across the pads that have triangle symbols on them to reach a nukage pool on the other sides (the star pads will teleport you back to the first nukage pool). Continue north past a set of crushers, then walk east to a switch and flip it to lower a lift behind you holding a cacodemon (or baron of Hell on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill levels). Ride the lift up then walk south to find the yellow skull key, which is guarded by imps and shotgun guys, then continue south to drop down a hole that leads back to the teleporters.
Go back to the room east of the blue key area, then head all the way up the northern staircase to reach a yellow door. Go through the door and kill any monsters approaching from the east, including some lost souls in overhead vents, then climb up the steps in the south-east corner and open the door at the top to find the exit button.
Other points of interest
- Head east at the start and north to a door. Head around the right pole to its east side and use the switch. Run to the lift to the west to ride up to a stimpack and an armor. (sector 19)
- Open the door mentioned above and head north to the steps. As you ascend, you will find a wall with slime on it. Use it to open a passage to a box of rockets and a medikit. (sector 195)
- In the room with crushers on the west side of the map, get on the high ledge and open the west wall to find a chainsaw, armor bonuses, health bonuses and a medikit. (sector 68)
- When you enter the blood river area, head west and into the blood, then open the wall with holes on it to access a passage leading up. Open the door to get a berserk pack. (sector 112)
- When you enter the blood river area, enter the river going north and east until you find a door. Open it, then open the metal wall ahead to get a medikit. (sector 151) From here you can head east to get a plasma gun and a computer area map.
- Jump down south of where the yellow key is to open a door. Head over to the east side to pick up a rocket launcher in the north-west corner. (sector 203)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 7, 2021.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 80)
- facing south-west. (thing 182)
- facing north-west. (thing 184)
- facing east. (thing 185)
- facing east. (thing 187)
- facing south-west. (thing 190)
- facing south-west. (thing 191)
- facing south-east. (thing 192)
- facing south-east. (thing 265)
- facing north-west. (thing 267)