E5M6: Unspeakable Persecution (SIGIL)
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
E5M6: Unspeakable Persecution is the sixth map of SIGIL. It was designed by John Romero and uses the music track "Melting Man (part 2)" by Buckethead as well as "Besieged City" by James Paddock (Jimmy). This map also contains the secret exit to E5M9: Realm of Iblis. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 7:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Other points of interest
To access the secret exit, go to east section of the map and take the series of teleporters until you have reached the southern-most platform, and hit the eye located inside a narrow corridor in the southern wall. This will open up a wall in the south-east cave where the series of teleporters ends. Inside the wall there is a teleporter pad surrounded by candles that will take you to the secret map, E5M9: Realm of Iblis.
- When you enter the first blood pit, drop down and grab the energy cell pack on the south side. (sector 489)
- Enter the dark hallway at the west section of the map. When you reach the green armor, a cage opens up ahead of you with barons of Hell inside. From the cage, go east, and south a bit, then look at one of the walls to see it has an opening underneath. Open this wall to get a BFG9000. (sector 130)
- When you have the red key, reach the red bars and open every single one of them, then run across the tops of all bars. You will open several sets of doors to the west which lead to a room containing an invulnerability. (sector 168)
Areas / screenshots
Invulnerability secret room
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)||1:34.54||similaun||2022-05-06||sig6s-134.zip|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|NM 100S||1:53.83||Jean-Charles Dorne (JCD)||2021-09-06||sig6ns153.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level includes its own, separate deathmatch arena.
This arena contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 301)
- facing east. (thing 302)
- facing west. (thing 303)
- facing north. (thing 304)
The following things (per skill level) are placed in the arena:
|Box of bullets||1|
|4 shotgun shells||1|
|Box of shotgun shells||1|
|Box of rockets||1|
|Health & Armor||1-2||3||4-5|
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
During development, the series of floors over lava which descend when stepped on suffered spechits overflows and had to be simplified as a result.
- ↑ Craddock, David (12 April 2019). "Icon of Sin: Doom and the Making of John Romero's Sigil." Shacknews. Retrieved 25 May 2019.