An Egyptian map is a type of map designed to look like ancient Egyptian architecture. This style of map making concentrates on recreating the visual theme of Ancient Egypt, creating maps with visuals directly inspired by the theme through the use of characteristic and recognizable Egyptian monuments or structures, such as: pyramids, temples, tombs, mastabas, walls with hieroglyphics, columns and gardens.
While related, it should not be confused with the desert type of map.
Designs found in Egyptian maps
- Structures made of sandstone
- Reliefs or murals depicting pharaohs, Egyptian deities, and similar imagery
- A desert
- A sphinx (or sphinxes)
- MAP09: Ejipt (Mock 2: The Speed of Stupid)
- MAP20: Misri Halek (Alien Vendetta)
- MAP31: Pharaoh (TNT: Evilution)
- MAP32: Ghosts of the Old Kingdom (Valiant)
WADs that feature multiple Egyptian maps
- DBP23: Evil Egypt
- Epic 2 (first and third episodes, plus both secret maps)
- Scythe 2 (maps 06 through 10)