Enpro Plant: Energy Processing and Storage
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/enpro|
Enpro Plant: Energy Processing and Storage is the ninth level of Doom 3. It begins with Bravo Team being ambushed and wiped out, save for a single survivor. The lost soul is introduced in a cut scene, and wraiths first appear here as well.
The level begins with Bravo Team being ambushed and massacred by the demons. During the fight, one of the marines accidentally shoots a coolant pipe. The damaged pipe releases excess pressure (which had built up due to workers' negligence) which destroys one of the main reactor's cooling rods, causing the reactor to overheat.
The marine is subsequently given two tasks: fix the damaged reactor, and retrieve the transmission card from Bravo Team. A sentry bot assists the marine during the first part of the level.
After making it down to the reactor and replacing the cooling rod, it is shown that Swann and Campbell were searching for the transmission card as well, but they were not able to find it, as it was kept by a surviving member of Bravo Team. Swann and Campbell then use a car to drive to Communications. The marine fights his way to Bravo Team's last location, where he meets up with this survivor. The survivor gives him the transmission card, but is then immediately killed by a wraith. With the card in hand, the marine exits the Enpro Facility and heads to Communications Transfer.
Note: it may seem that this level is timed due to the announcer constantly saying that the reactor temperature is rising, but there is no actual time limit; the player can play through at any desired pace.
- Transfer Bay
- Walkway to Enpro
- Control 1
- Maintenance 1
- Power Core Access
- Power Core Access Hall
- Chamber 1 Upper
- Storage Hall
- Chamber 2
- Main Elevator Shaft
- Lower Storage Hall
- Reactor Control Room
- Control 2 Hall
- Control 2
- Plasma Control
- Maintenance 2
- Maintenance 3
- Plasma Storage
- Garage Exit
- Airlock E-1
- Coolant Rod 2
- Reach Reactor Control Room and Replace Coolant Rod 2
- Sergeant Thomas Kelly
- Counselor Swann
- Jack Campbell
- Bravo Team
- Theresa Chasar
- UAC announcer
- Sentry Bot
- Paul Raad: Found in Control 1, on desk to the right of the screen that seals the valve leaks.
- Theresa Chasar: Found in Power Core Access.
- Steve Hammer: Found in Garage Exit, behind stacked crates in vehicle area. In the BFG Edition, it is instead found in the previous chamber containing explosive barrels and the doorway to the Plasma Storage room.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran.
The item count is the same on all skill levels.
There are also two health stations on the level, with 75 health in reserve each (both of them have 100 health in BFG Edition). There are two more health stations added in the BFG Edition, with 100 health each as well.
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items (this level is unique in that there is a substantial difference in the items given to the player in the BFG Edition):
In BFG Edition the flashlight, pistol and machine gun are not given to the player, unlike in the original. This is because, while the items are still there on the map, they're not connected to the trigger relay responsible for giving the items to the player at the start.
- Storage locker #063 - Plasma Gun: 972. Contains: plasma gun, cells (large), med kit (small).
- Plasma Storage: 734. Contains: plasma gun, cells (small) x9, security armor, armor shard x3, med kit (large), med kit (small) x2.
- When being escorted by a sentry bot, it's better not to just follow it, but also explore various other passages that can be found along the way, as quite a few supplies can be found there. The bot itself will not go away without the player, and will patiently wait.
- In Power Core Access, if the player goes all the way to the end of the first floor, there's a ladder just under the platform, which the player can climb down to find some supplies.
- The Storage Hall ambush can be thwarted by pushing the yellow barrel in the door leading back to Chamber 1 Upper, allowing to sprint back to a safe zone when demons start spawning.
- On the original Xbox version of the game, this level was divided into two parts: Enpro Plant - Sector 1 and Enpro Plant - Sector 2.