- 62,798 pages
- 18,173 articles
- 30,007 files
- 353,114 edits
- 54 active users
The Doom Wiki is an extensive community effort to document everything related to id Software's masterpiece games Doom and Doom II, other games based on the Doom engine, Doom 64, Doom 3, Doom (2016), Doom Eternal, and more. We have created 18,173 articles to date.
This site is a wiki, so everyone is encouraged to create and edit articles. New contributors should read our FAQ first. If this is your first time using a wiki, be sure to check out the basic editing instructions as well. If you need additional help, or wish to discuss general aspects of this wiki, pay a visit to the Central Processing discussion board.
See the news board to read and post news about ongoing or upcoming events in the Doom universe.
Did you know that many sound effects used in the original Doom games were acquired from Sound Ideas' General series sound effects library, which is why they can be heard in various movies and television shows?
Featured article - September 2022
Hacx (pronounced "hacks" and commonly written as HacX) is a total conversion for Doom II. It was released by Banjo Software on September 16, 1997, and featured an entirely new set of graphics. Hacx uses a DeHackEd modified version of the Doom engine and the authors of Hacx paid id Software $5,000 for the rights to market Hacx as a commercial add-on for Doom II.
Hacx itself was generally unsuccessful; by the time it was released, the superior Quake engine that had just come out made the Doom engine pale in comparison. Public interest for Doom and games derived from it was, effectively, dead; even though Hacx was considered a decent TC, it arrived on the market too late to become a success.
(read more) (feature nominations)
Guides and Tutorials
Find out how to get into the world of Doom quickly with these step-by-step guides:
- Help and how-tos
- How to download and run Doom
- How to play Doom on Windows
- Walkthroughs for each level
- Comparison of source ports
DoomWiki.org needs you!
Looking for something to do? Here are some of the Doom Wiki's greatest needs:
- Add citations to articles
- Add information on Hacx levels, items and weapons
- Add information, screenshots and statistics on Doom 64 weapons and items
- Add to article stubs
- Clean up articles
- Complete walkthroughs for all stock levels
- Create wanted articles
- Doom editing tutorials
- Doom 3 material, especially Doom 3: BFG Edition content
- Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal material
- Investigate unclear image copyrights
- Replace screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio
- Review articles with disputed content
- Review pages marked for deletion or merging
- Write about Doom II RPG topics
- Write about PWADs, especially winners of major awards, or complete unfinished map articles
Find critical information for editing the wiki with these resources:
|Affiliates|| Other Doom-related Wikis|
| Chocolate Doom • Doomsday Engine • DRL • EDGE • The Eternity Engine • Odamex • SLADE • SRB2 • Zandronum • ZDoom|
|More: See our WikiNode|