- 76,280 pages
- 22,902 articles
- 36,366 files
- 442,783 edits
- 54 active users
The Doom Wiki is an extensive community effort to document everything related to id Software's masterpiece games Doom and Doom II, Doom 64, other games based on the Doom engine, Doom 3, Doom (2016), Doom Eternal, and more. We have created 22,902 articles to date.
This site is a wiki, so everyone is encouraged to create and edit articles. New contributors should read our FAQ first. If this is your first time using a wiki, be sure to check out the basic editing instructions as well. If you need additional help, or wish to discuss general aspects of this wiki, pay a visit to the Central Processing discussion board.
See the news board to read and post news about ongoing or upcoming events in the Doom universe.
Did you know that splash damage in the original Doom games is computed only from the horizontal distance between the explosion and the affected thing, which can be used to harm targets far above or below the blast?
Featured article - February 2024
Grove is a single-level PWAD for Doom II that was released on February 26, 2004. Its author is Bernard De Windt (B.P.R.D) and the map uses original compositions from the author for both the level and the title music. Despite the author recommending a ZDoom source port, Grove can be played on any Boom-compatible source port.
Grove was one of the winners at the 2004 Cacowards ceremony, and was featured in Doomworld's Top 100 Most Memorable Maps, placing 97th. In 2023, Grove's music track was also included in Doomworld's Doot Eternal music feature for Doom's 30th anniversary.
(read more) (feature nominations)
Guides and Tutorials
Find out how to get into the world of Doom quickly with these step-by-step guides:
- Help and how-tos
- How to download and run Doom
- How to play Doom on Windows
- Walkthroughs for each level
- Comparison of source ports
DoomWiki.org needs you!
Looking for something to do? Here are some of the Doom Wiki's greatest needs:
- Add citations to articles
- Add to article stubs
- Clean up articles
- Write about Doom II RPG topics
- Complete walkthroughs for all stock levels
- Create wanted articles
- Doom editing tutorials
- Doom 3 material, especially Doom 3: BFG Edition content
- Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal material
- Investigate unclear image copyrights
- Replace screenshots using an incorrect aspect ratio
- Review articles with disputed content
- Review pages marked for deletion or merging
- Add information on Hacx levels, items and weapons
- Write about PWADs, especially winners of major awards, or complete unfinished map articles
Find critical information for editing the wiki with these resources:
| Other Doom-related Wikis
| Chocolate Doom • Doomsday Engine • DRL • EDGE • The Eternity Engine • Odamex • SLADE • SRB2 • Zandronum • ZDoom
|More: See our WikiNode