Escape From Deimos
|Escape From Deimos|
|Authors||Chris Christenson, Nicol Jarvie|
Escape From Deimos (named UAC Base on the intermission screen) is a single-level PWAD for Doom II. It was designed by Chris Christenson and Nicol Jarvie and released in 1997. It was preceded by Escape From Phobos and followed by Escape From Natas.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
- From the center of the map, get to the north end and take the lift up. At the top, head to the terminals on the east side and shoot the lower one to find a rocket launcher. (sector 92)
Several multiplayer items, namely four super shotguns (Things 277 through 280), three boxes of shotgun shells (281 through 283), four rocket launchers (285 through 288), a plasma gun (289), and an energy cell pack (290), have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level.
The release includes two separate demo files by the author, EFD16.LMP and EFD19.LMP. They respectively require Doom II v1.666 and v1.9 to be viewed and run for 21:35.66 (45348 tics), showing off the level on Ultra-Violence.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 271)
- facing south-west. (thing 272)
- facing south-east. (thing 273)
- facing north-east. (thing 274)
- facing north-west. (thing 275)
- facing north. (thing 276)